• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons & Dragons - The Musical

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Sorry about this, but Sir Eltons Rogers & Hammersein comment got me to thinking...

Dungeons & Dragons the motion picture was pretty darned bad. And my hopes for D&D 2 are not high at all.

So how to make them better? That was the question.

Of course! The answer is to make a musical!

So cue music:
Enter Hero on horseback into the burned remnants of The Town:

Hero (SInging):
A dragon!
They say it was a dragon!
The town is burned,
The townsfolk learned,
That they must fear a dragon!

A dragon!
A fierce and fiery dragon!
The children charred,
The castle marred,
The villain was a dragon!

A dragon!
A vile ill tempered dragon!
The townsfolk say,
That they will pay,
The slayer of the dragon!

End music

Hero (speaking):
What a tragedy has befallen this town! But in another's calamity do heroes find employment.

I cannot handle this task upon my own, however. For this I must gather a party! And I know just who to see first...

Exit Hero, Fade.

Does anybody want to pick this up and continue it? And where does something like this go in the forums anyway?

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

Scribble

First Post
hrmm so horrifying that it's good?

IE those watching it are doomed to giggle uncontrollably for the rest of their lives? Mental institution like? :p

ahahehehe hehehehe beholders in tights. ahahahehehe

Laurel

First Post
hehehehehe- I'd love to see someone pick it up. This should definitely continue!

After reading the following posts all I got was right before the fade the beholder in tights comes out to watch the hero leave.

And where one might ask did the tights go.......

Heck, I miss musicals. If only Gene Kelly were still around, the party could dance too.

Heck, maybe they could even have an encounter that's sorta like the "gang dance-off" at the beginning of West Side Story. See who can dance each other off; the orcs or the PCs...

spigadang

First Post
I love it!

I love the musicals, and i know all the songs to West side story so i got that post about being an orc. I think it would be 100% better then the d and d movie.

R-Hero

Explorer
TheAuldGrump said:
Hero (SInging):
A dragon!
A vile ill tempered dragon!
The townsfolk say,
That they will pay,
The slayer of the dragon!

End music

Hero (speaking):
What a tragedy has befallen this town! But in another's calamity do heroes find employment.

I cannot handle this task upon my own, however. For this I must gather a party! And I know just who to see first...

The final episode of Futurama springs to mind for some odd reason....

(Robot Devil); " Your lyrics lack subtley. You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry."

Remove ads