Dwarvin Polearm build--HELP PLEASE

Rage doesn't interfere with heavy armor...
To be clear I ddin't mean Character levels 1-3 I meant later on, most likely after level 6.

As for maneuvers, my favorites are goading, commander's, precision, menacing, riposte, pushing, tripping, rally, and sweeping in that order.

from the srd:
"While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing heavy armor:"

So yes, you can rage, but you don´t gain any benefits...

Kithas

First Post
from the srd:
"While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing heavy armor:"

So yes, you can rage, but you don´t gain any benefits...
You are correct, it is rather unnerving how many tiny little things the phb has like that.
I really wish it was more clear at a glance.

Lejaun

First Post
Class: Fighter
Fighting Style: Great Weapon Fighting
Martial Archtype: Battle Master
Maneuvers: Pushing Attack, Trip Attack, Feinting Attack

Level 4: Take Polearm Mastery feat instead of statistics.

Strategy: Put yourself at the front of the party, but delay your attack until after they attack you. They enter your reach and provoke an attack of opportunity. On your attack, use Pushing Attack to push your target 15 feet away from you. They then have to make up the distance again to you, provoking an attack of opportunity again. Rinse and repeat.

Kithas

First Post
Class: Fighter
Fighting Style: Great Weapon Fighting
Martial Archtype: Battle Master
Maneuvers: Pushing Attack, Trip Attack, Feinting Attack

Level 4: Take Polearm Mastery feat instead of statistics.

Strategy: Put yourself at the front of the party, but delay your attack until after they attack you. They enter your reach and provoke an attack of opportunity. On your attack, use Pushing Attack to push your target 15 feet away from you. They then have to make up the distance again to you, provoking an attack of opportunity again. Rinse and repeat.

in a 1 on 1 fight this works fine. The issue is that most of the time I've tried things like this in a group fight theyve just ignored me and gunned for the 20 health monk I'd rather they didn't :/
There's really not a good answer as this is a really effective strategy, it just makes you such an annoying target that they will just ignore you :/

Lejaun

First Post
in a 1 on 1 fight this works fine. The issue is that most of the time I've tried things like this in a group fight theyve just ignored me and gunned for the 20 health monk I'd rather they didn't :/
There's really not a good answer as this is a really effective strategy, it just makes you such an annoying target that they will just ignore you :/

I wonder if you use Pushing Attack on a creature engaged by others if that provokes attacks of opportunity for your allies engaged in melee with the creature as it is basically moving out of combat with that creature. I'm guessing no, but it would an interesting strategy to use.

Kithas

First Post
I wonder if you use Pushing Attack on a creature engaged by others if that provokes attacks of opportunity for your allies engaged in melee with the creature as it is basically moving out of combat with that creature. I'm guessing no, but it would an interesting strategy to use.
It does not. You only get opp attacks if they choose to leave your space. Being pushed by another effect doesn't work. Otherwise YOU would get an opp attack if you push them out of your own reach.

Lejaun

First Post
It does not. You only get opp attacks if they choose to leave your space. Being pushed by another effect doesn't work. Otherwise YOU would get an opp attack if you push them out of your own reach.

I didn't think so, but it was worth mentioning as a possibility.

asjwolverine

First Post
Question: my DM is getting angry. I have the polearm mastery. When a creature reaches the 10 feet in front of me. I use my AoO. When it comes in my reach I use my attack and second attack from the other end of the Boolean and then second wind using those two attacks doing a bunch of damage. That is a correct sequence of events, right?

Remove ads