Dwimmermount OOC

Imperialus

Explorer
It's up to you, but if we had been sitting at the tabletop Klyman would have died after failing that first save. As such, his second roll (in your first post) would have been his save against death, which he would have passed (needing a 14) so I'd rule that he did indeed survive the blast.

I picked up that trick from a DM of mine who almost managed a TPK of reasonably high level PC's using goblin suicide bombers. It was epic.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
'Up to me,' huh? Well, your logic is unimpeachable, but I don't know, I might not be too averse to starting a new character, if, say, the Dwarf prisoner we just rescued could be Klyman's replacement, a fighter or perhaps fighter/thief?

And, btw, it was a fair and square kill of Klyman, and he had plenty of chances to avoid it, the rolls just spelled his doom.

[And BTW, Why is it that every time you use the word F*A*T*E on this stupid board you get a hot link to somewhere that you never intended? Methinks an ADMIN somewhere needs to debug or delouse the system.]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
No offense to Leif, but I'm... not feeling very good about this game right now myself: fireballing a first level party is overkill, no matter how you dress it... but it might be justifiable in the spirit of hard-core dungeoneering (I wouldn't, but you might). Making the fireballing inevitable wether we won or lost (we WERE going to loot Sigur if we won and/or look at that vial even if we decided not to pursue at all), well... Combined with the whole Orcish non-negotiating thing (after we were specifically encouraged to negociate), the whole thing is leaving me with an uncomfortably rail-roady feeling.

No matter what we said to Rethar, Segur was going to come up, and no matter what we said to Sigur, he was going to cut his prisoner's hand off as a "show of good will" (he did, even though nobody asked him for one). From there, the odds of us just sitting on our hands as he made his exit was pretty much nill. So if we were lucky, played all our cards just right and actually *won* at any point against Segur, we would earn the right to be fireballed and save-or-die....? Yeah. Not so much.

On an un-related note, but probably luckily considering how I'm feeling right now, I'll be AFK all of next week starting tomorrow.

I'm not sure I'll be coming back to this game afterwards.

Leif

Adventurer
Hang on, Binder Fred...

I don't think it was a fireball -- more like damage from a flask of burning oil. Or, to be more precise, a Glyph of Warding is what I think it was -- a first level spell 3rd level, sorry. And, like I said before, Klyman was given several chances to avoid or lessen the damage and even save vs, death and be left with 1hp if he did take full damage. That's nowhere in the rules AFAIK, it's just a gift of the DM that my suck-a$$ rolls spoiled. And, truth be told, I almost decided to let the flask lie and ignore it.

I like the job Imperialus has been doing, and I like the job you and everybody else has been doing. So please, please, don't let this hiccup unravel the whole game!

I must say, though, Imperialus, I have had second thoughts about making the new Dwarf a PC - forgot he only had one hand now. A one-handed thief doesn't sound to good....

Last edited:

Remove ads