• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

GorTeX

First Post
you use the weapon proficiency with any power that has the 'WEAPON' keyword, which all of those warlord powers have

Anywhere

First Post
Amurayi said:
Thanks for all the support, guys!

From my site. THANKS for using our sheet and supporting us with bugs ;)

Amurayi said:
Anna, the Excel guru of our team, didn't work a lot with Open Office so far but yesterday I saw her playing around with it. There are some functions OpenOffice hates like SVERWEIS and DVERWEIS (german excel lingo). Maybe we'll find a workaround. As we have no macros whatsoever, which is a great boon, it would be really great to have it working for Open Office, too.

I looked it up and I think that there is a way of easy correction so I will try to make the sheet completly usable to OOcalc. I hope that the open office version is ready to download next week (had a lot of trouble and work around). so please exercise patience and wait till day you can use our sheet with OOcalc.

enjoy playing with the sheet

Lia (Anna)

wainwrig

First Post
This is awesome, thanks!

Wow, this is was a wonderful surprise. I had no idea how much good stuff there was going to be in this spreadsheet. And I'm thrilled with the way the first page of the character sheet works. Here are some suggestions for you guys (I went left to right through the sheets).

1) An override column for attributes. Twice I've wanted to break the rules (e.g. make someone with a 6 STR) and I have to go up and turn off the protection, and then turn it back on.

2) Put an X in the 'Trained' column when its a preset or from skill training. It's weird to have 5 skills and only 4 X's.

3) Feats. Gray out all three columns when not available.

4) Link/Pulldown Weapons from Attack sheet to Armor&Equip sheet

5) The "If you start at Level N>1" table seems wrong for Level 2 (at least) but maybe it's a problem with the DMG. I'll check later.

6) For powers 6-N can't they be entered on the same chart and then just display #6 on using the same format on the 2nd character sheet? That way you can track them all in the same format.

7) Even better. Have check boxes above the N power listings, pick five or less, and have those be reported on the first page of the sheet.

8) Keywords as a pulldown, checkmark, list

9) Auto populate weapon ranges and damage.

10) On the second character sheet, I really don't care about the sell price of my equipment. I'd rather have a column for "Daily Power" that could be checked to indicate it has one, and to make a mark showing that it's been used. The page number is very useful.

11) For my ranger with TWF Toughness is being included in the HP calc, but not showing up on the Feats list.

12) Finally, I'd shrink the box for Racial Features as it seems too large, and slide feats to the top, so that Utility powers are next to the rest.

Again, awesome job, this sped things up SO MUCH while typing in 4 characters.

Stonesnake

Explorer
Very cool tool, but I found one item.

You should change the Power Attack text to account for two-handed weapon damage. Something like:

"+2 damage (+3 for two handed) for -2 to attack, bonus increases with level"

Or something similar as this is a very popular feat for those who fight with two handed weapons and it's one of those easy to forget things in the middle of combat.

Amurayi

Explorer
Heya guys,

the soccer European championship is on so I hardly get Anna off the TV. So here's a minor update for you. Still working on the Open Office issues and some other design possibilities you requested.

:area:Version 1.10: RELEASED 06-12-08
Bug fixes:
- Linebreak for text on Charsheet page 3
- Feats: "Arcane Initaite" fixed (can be selecetd if trained in Arcana
- Feats: "Initiate of the Faith" description fixed
- Paragon Path: Pit fighter adds 1/2 level to damage now
- Half-Elf extra power now appears on charsheet, too
- Fighter's "Sweeping Blow" added
- Wizard: Proficieny bonus of staff and dagger now shows correctly on attack page
- Backpack Item cells can be edited again
- LFR: East Rift can be selected as Region as well
- Halfling Bonus now listed correctly

to be continued...

Essobie

First Post
Found this thread today just in time for your latest version. Great stuff.

The biggest hole I found in functionality that I wish it had would be calculating damage bonuses. The official character sheet has a "damage workspace" which is similar to what you guys have for the attack bonuses section, except specifically for damage.

Would it be possible to have fields for all the things that could add to a particular ability for damage bonuses? For instance, individual fields for the user to type in bonuses from feats, from enhancements, and then a couple of miscellaneous fields (with a comment section so you remember where a particular bonus comes from).

Seems like you could pull the damage dice from the weapon being referenced from the attack bonus assigned, then add up all the manually listed damage bonuses for a single +N on the actual character sheet. That way you can be sure you are putting in the right numbers.

Other than that, I really can't find any fault in it. I'm blasting out a bunch of pre-gen level 1 characters for friends to play with next week... I don't even care if they use them or not it is so easy!

Expect a dollar (possibly more than one) from me shortly. :)

PhantomAOJ

First Post
Well, I am impressed with the sheet so far!

I do have 1 problem I've noticed. The Eldadrin Bonus Skill doesn't show up on the skill tab.

Also as a ranger (so far), and this is probable a me thing, but the powers did not show up on the attack tab for to choose any @will, encounter or Daily powers.

Other than minor things, this sheet is impressive and over all very thorough.
Keep up the great job!

Anyone found a good way to upgrade? Seems like it would be a real pain to have to redo your level 30 characters. Even redoing a level 1 character takes some time with copy & paste. HeroForge used an external file with character metadata, but that probably requires macros. Macros to update the sheet are a possibility too--you can still use the entire sheet without macros but if you can use them, you gain the ability to upgrade quickly...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads