• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

warderbrad said:
I understand and respect the desires of Matthias and Anna in what they want the sheet to do. However I am one that doesn't want to do a lot of typing to make a character, most specifically in the areas of the powers and the attacks tab. My usual use for something like this is either for an NPC I need fast or a backup PC when mine dies, and you have to get them done quick. I have spent the last day and a half entering all the data from the PHB powers and am in the process of redoing the entire attacks tab to simplify the coding (no offense Anna I am very respectful of what you have done here). When I am done I will share the end result with anyone who wants it but I won't post it here as it would compete with Matthias and that is not what I want.

I would like a copy Brad, just to compare and contrast the 2 sheets.

Thanks!

Eric/KT

warderbrad

Explorer
I will give more info when I am closer to being ready to send out the sheet. I just wanted everyone to know why I wasn't working on fixing things in the current sheet. Sorry if my post was misleading.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
What is your opinion of someone ripping out your calculations and using you layout for a very differently focused sheet? With attribution, of course. I traditionally like very dumb sheets. But I like your layout of the actual Excel Character Sheet.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene said:
What is your opinion of someone ripping out your calculations and using you layout for a very differently focused sheet? With attribution, of course. I traditionally like very dumb sheets. But I like your layout of the actual Excel Character Sheet.
Keep in mind that layout is for A4 format paper and not Letter sized (8.5x11). Thus, it may not be as ideal as you think. (Not to criticize them since that's a typical size in Europe, I believe, but U.S. people and printers (like me/mine) may find it suboptimal from a layout perspective.

Hambot

First Post
New Zealand uses A4 too!

I love this sheet, but the Attack tab is its weakest page. Oh, and the total experience on the first sheet doesn't link through properly to the gold and xp adventure sheet later on. Override works fine though so its only an issue if you use the sheet to track the PC throughout the campaign.

fsnaig

First Post
Hi,

I really like the spreadsheet. It is the best one I have found on the web, by far.

I found a couple minor things that need fixing:

Eladrin Education: “Trainging” is misspelled, it should be “Training”.

Feats Taken on Character Sheet II - Multiclass Feats - Sneak of Shadows: “rouge’s” is misspelled, it should be “rogue’s”, and I couldn’t find the source to correct it.

Character Basics Transport Sheet
A18: choosed is not grammatical, it should be chosen
A62: choosed is not grammatical, it should be chosen

Choosing Ranger as a class incorrectly triggers selection of the Feat - Toughness, rather than Two-Weapon-Fighting, which causes a miscalculation of Hit Points.

Keep up the good work! I am looking forward to the finished product.

fsnaig

Lairythian

First Post
Larger Text or Fields?

...any chance the fields or text could be made a bit larger for folks wearing readin glasses?

...if not perhaps using a few black fields with white text might do the trick?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads