• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

Wurm1234

Explorer
Downloaded and checked out the sheet. Are the power cards supposed to be filled out automatically? Same question for the magic item cards? The initiative cards seem to update nicely.

Also, should the damage dice be updating automatically?

Columns X:AD on Attacks should probably be hidden. Damage dice definitely won't update the way it's written; and really the only way you could do that is for [W] attacks; for example, magic missile does not use your weapon's damage dice so unless you put the full information about all powers in, it would be hard.

That said, making the sheet understand [W] would be a nice touch. It would probably take 15-30 minutes on a good day to write it to parse that in cells E48:Q48 on Attacks. Definitely not going to try that when I'm tired. :)

OK, after all that's said and done, I went and did it the next morning. See a couple posts down.

Last edited:

GorTeX

First Post
when your str (or other stat) changes, you have to change the damage line, it doesn't auto update to the new value

Fighter/Cleric, at level 8 took the acolyte power (swap one figher utility power with cleric utility power of same or lower level). This causes the 'Daily powers' box on Character sheet 2 to display 'N/A' (powers choosen were unbreakable and Cure serious wounds).
also, Cure serious does not replace Unbreakable in the Utility Powers box on character sheet 2

Warpriest: under class/path/desitny features box on character sheet 2. Extra damage action does not round down on the added damage..listed as:
"-Extra Damage Action: Spend AP: You also add +5.5 to the damage dealt by any of your standard action attacks this turn."

Devastating Critical does not add the 1d10 damage to critical hits

If you do add a landscape sheet, please keep the current one as well...I've gotten pretty used to it now.

Added critcals probably should be shown as X+Yd10 not X+Y*1d10

Deadly Axe did not update the crit damage on the ranged basic attack (using a handaxe)..

Last edited:

Hambot

First Post
I really want that extra powers sheet to auto populate using data from the attacks tab, just like the powers on charactersheet1 do. My level 2 PC already needs extra power spaces, as riposte strike takes 2 slots to enter properly, once for the initial Dex attack and another for the conditional str attack.

What do you mean when you say only point buy supported? I just type in the rolled numbers into those boxes and everything seems to work... though there is that cell that says the sheet is going to blow up, and my PC didn't have any negative modifiers - was that what you are referring to, that the sheet can't calculate abilities with big negative mods?

Nice new touches - I was starting to get tempted by sheets with power card creators built in.

Amurayi

Explorer
Are the power cards supposed to be filled out automatically? Same question for the magic item cards? Also, should the damage dice be updating automatically?

No this is not built in yet. This seems to be a popular demand though...

Also, should the damage dice be updating automatically?

No, you will never see this as we would have to programm all powers which we will not do to avoid legal issues. You still need the PHB to enter all data.

when your str (or other stat) changes, you have to change the damage line, it doesn't auto update to the new value

Unprotect the attacks sheet. Go to Character Basics and select B64:B69 and copy it to the clipboard. Return to attacks. Find "Strength" in X67. Select that cell and paste. Now instead of seeing Strength: +3 or whatever, you will just see Strength in the dropdowns next to "Bonus ability damage" (You might need to fix any existing ones). Reprotect the Attacks sheet.

Alternatively, scroll down 3 posts and download my fixed version.

Last edited:

Amurayi

Explorer
Now instead of seeing Strength: +3 or whatever, you will just see Strength in the dropdowns next to "Bonus ability damage" (You might need to fix any existing ones). ....By including the "+3" or whatever, the sheet was trying to look up that exact phrase "Strength: +3" versus another table where it was using your CURRENT strength, so it couldn't actually find the value you had previously entered.

Guess to avoid this issue in teh future we will switch to a version where you only see thename of the ability bonus. What do you think?

Remove ads