• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E tools question

Morik

First Post
Hello,

just recieved my e-tools copy (cost me a fortune as I had to order it as 'international', the shipping costs were nearly as high as the product itself !!).

Now my plea:

I'm very desperate because I cannot print or export (or view a stat block) for the characters or monsters or anything else I created.

If I try to 'print preview' or 'print' the programm open my browser but the error is always the same '
"Cannot find server !!
The page cannot be displayed!
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

What's the meaning of that. Please don't tell me I have a broken CD or somethin'. That would drive me mad. For I had to return it oversees to Fluid and all. Huh! All but not that.

Please help!

I'm desperate
ERIC

Christian

Explorer
Yeah, it sounds like you need to upgrade Explorer. All of the print/print preview functions in e-Tools are handled via XML, which is run by Internet Explorer 6. Supposedly, 5.5 will work, too ... but what the hey, it's free, might as well get the latest version!

Fast Learner

First Post
It's a problem with the XSL/XML interpreter on your computer (unfortunately the included docs don't make this clear).

If you use Internet Explorer 5.0, upgrade to 5.5. If you use 5.5, upgrade to 6.0. These are the easiest ways to fix the problem. If you don't want to upgrade your browser I seem to recall a post on Fluid's boards that describes how to download the exact DLLs you'll need, but unless you have a really slow connection, upgrading your browser does the same thing and is technically more simple.

Draidis

First Post
Now I know this thread hasn't been in use for a LOOOOONG time but I'm actually having the same problem. The thing is I'm using IE8 and there is no newer version. I would go to the Fluid boards but I don't think they exist any longer. Can anyone help me???

Draidis

First Post
I tried that before ever even posting here. There whole site is undergoing "maintinance" and has been for months. I'm pretty sure the company is pretty much toast and nothing is going on.

Sethvir

First Post
The site is up, it hasn't been updated in quite some time and whatever maintenance has either been done and just not updated to reflect that change or is still pending. No idea which. You just need to register to get to the forums, but there are still some folks poking around that can and do help. It may take a couple of days as a good chunk of the user group don't spend much time there any longer.

Remove ads