• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E6] Adventure in the Swordlands [OOC]

Walking Dad

First Post
Two things:

1. I'm not able to be online on the weekend (Saturday & Sunday)

2. Armor: Have you access to the armor feats in the companion? The is one that add a bonus to bull rush attempts.

And sorry, I always read Armor As Damage Reduction :: d20srd.org and class defense as one, but it's optional:

Combo: Defense Bonus And Damage Reduction

You can combine the defense bonus variant and the armor as damage reduction variant in a variety of ways to create a more complex system.
Using both systems as written, many characters will wear armor even if the armor bonus provided is lower than the defense bonus gained from class level. Because the character gets the higher of his defense bonus or armor bonus, the character can wear armor and benefit from its damage reduction while relying on his defense bonus for a higher Armor Class.
If that’s not to your liking, you can rule that a character’s armor bonus overrides his defense bonus, even if the defense bonus is higher. This forces characters to make a tough choice between having a high AC and having damage reduction.

wysiwyg

First Post
OK. I took the healing medallion (just like the belt).
I had revamped my equipement since I had a lot of spare cash.

Can we buy potions or will they count for our magical items?

lvl 1 fighter

First Post
Walking Dad

1. That's fine. Posting requirements are once a day, Monday - Friday.

2. Which armor feats are you talking about? Which book are they in?

3. I decided not to use the Armor as Damage Reduction. There are enough houserules floating around in this game as it is.

wysiwyg

Potions count as magic items. Healing herbs do not. I think two or three doses of herbs is reasonable.

Walking Dad

First Post
The Iron Heroes Companion by Fiery Dragon Productions. They bought the Iron Heroes license. It's OGL, so I think it would be ok to type out one feat here...

lvl 1 fighter

First Post
The Iron Heroes Companion by Fiery Dragon Productions. They bought the Iron Heroes license. It's OGL, so I think it would be ok to type out one feat here...

I don't have that book. IF it's OGL, then type it.

----------------------

Also, sorry for the lack of updates to the game information. It's been kinda crazy at my school this week. The budget oversight committee is proposing to cut 44 majors and 4 departments. I'm lucky and am slated to lose my major and department. But fear not, the game will continue. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
JUGGERNAUT [ARMOR]
Your know how to use the mass of your armor to overpower your opponents.
Base Mastery: 2
Prerequisite: You must be proficient with the shield and armor you are using.
Benefit: When you make a bull rush or overrun attack, you may roll your armor’s damage reduction and add the result of the check to your opposed Strength check. You also gain this
benefit on Strength checks made to burst open doors or similar objects.
Special: Include the benefits of all feats that improve your armor’s damage reduction (such as Armor Mastery and Wall of Steel) when making your damage reduction rolls for this feat.

We could change DR to half AC bonus.

Vertexx69

First Post
Also, sorry for the lack of updates to the game information. It's been kinda crazy at my school this week. The budget oversight committee is proposing to cut 44 majors and 4 departments. I'm lucky and am slated to lose my major and department. But fear not, the game will continue. :)
No worries. I'm lucky that Devry has its teachers spread all over the country so none of my degree requirements can get cut. What I don't understand is if they have the same number of students, paying the same amount or more, how they can justify cutting that many classes?

lvl 1 fighter

First Post
Walking Dad

That seems ok, with half AC bonus. I'll hold my final acceptance until I see the complete character because I want to know what the effect will be. But what's your concept for your character? All I've seen is 3 or 4 different build skeletons.

Vertex69

It's complicated. Search Google News for MTSU.

lvl 1 fighter

First Post
wysiwyg Vertexx69 lawful_stupid SephBaelzara -

Your characters are approved. Please repost your character sheets in this thread using the same format wysiwyg did. It's easier for me to read.

Walking Dad -

If you make a character and I approve it you have the slot as alternate.

I may do the preludes through PM, so check your PM's tomorrow.

Shiny. Let's do this.

Remove ads