E6 Red Hand of Doom (OOC)

Eidalac

Explorer
Ah, forgot about stats. :p

Pick a number from 1-20 and I'll give you an array to use (it's based on a 32 point buy, but it's not a direct buy).

hewligan

First Post
Give me lucky 13, and then I will work on it from there. I know Scarred Lands a bit. I have the campaign book - fantastic setting!

Eidalac

Explorer
Creamsteak: Nope, that's just the order in which they were rolled, and they can be placed in any stat.

Also, added a couple of house rules in the top post.

Eidalac

Explorer
Added info on the Gods in the first post.

Two more things (should be the last rule stuff)

It's a bit late, so let me know if I'm not being clear with this.

Action Points: You do not automatically gain action points at levels, but your maximum ap is always 5+1/2 your level. To regain spent ap, once per day you may make a special character level check, adding your Charisma modifier (d20+level+cha mod) against a DC of 10. You regain 1 ap by every point you beat the DC (if you got a total of 14, you would regain 4 ap).

You can attempt this check at any time, but only once per day, and it is a full round action that provokes attacks. You can not gain ap beyond your maximum with this check - any extra points are lost.

Death Flag: All PCs start with no death flag (ie, flag is down). As long as this flag is down, the PC is not dead at 0 wp. Rather, any event that would normally kill her puts her in KO status; she is incapacitated and unconscious and can not be restored until the current encounter is over, at which point she regains 1 wp and is stable and unconscious. Normal healing is required at this point to treat the character.

At any time, as an immediate action, you can raise your Death Flag. Doing so gives you max ap, as well as bonus ap equal to your charisma bonus (if positive), and for 1 minute per character level you can spend 1 additional ap per round.

Lowering the Death Flag is a full round action; however, in order to do so your AP must be at maximum (or higher if you still have bonus points left). Afterwards your AP is reduced to 0.

If you don't have max AP, you may lower your Death Flag after 8 hours of rest. This also reduces your AP to 0, and you can not make your next level check to regain AP (you use todays check as part of the process).

hewligan

First Post
I am going to edit this as I build the character, so this is not a final post at the moment. I am at a racecourse today, so will work on this a bit tonight. I am thinking to use a bit of Scarred Lands flavour, maybe going for a local race variant. At the moment I am just focusing on core class and stats:

Race: Human
Class: Cleric of Tanil, with particular emphasis on her Freedom domain

Attributes (with modifier in brackets)
Strenght: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 13 + 1 at level 4 = 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 11 (+0)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

Domains: Animals, Chaos, Luck, Plants, Travel, Trickery

More to follow ....

dystmesis

First Post
Sure are a lot of house rules...! And I've played in one of genshou's games :p

Anyway, I'm just throwing this stuff out here, but I'm thinking of playing a totemist from magic of incarnum or a crusader from tome of battle. Or, if I play a druid, can I play the armorless/wildshapeless druid version from unearthed arcana?

Last edited:

Remove ads