• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E6 Red Hand of Doom (OOC)

hewligan

First Post
Moggthegob said:
Class: Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 1
Cha 9 -2= 7 -2

:) A swashbuckler with crooked teeth, a foul personality, and a slight height challenge. This is the perfect character!

Oh - and in regard to the save stupidity, I was at work without books, surfing the online SRD and unable to find the section. D'oh and thanks!

Moggthegob

First Post
Hey... not all pirates are nice guys and neither am I. Have you ever seen pictures of pirates...damn near none of them had an ounce of charisma... besides, I wanted to play a rogue and this was the only way I could find to do it with the stats I was given. I GUESS I could havedone beguiler or something but this is more interesting

dystmesis

First Post
I myself refrained from playing a whisper gnome because I find they're far too cheesy...

Anyway, I'm not sure where you're getting penalties to any skills from. Also, it seems our team has two sneaksy types now.

This could be good (more characters to sneak around and do covert things to the enemy) or bad (more characters getting into trouble!)

But I wonder if we won't need a spellsy type to control the battlefield and stuff more? If no one else chimes in for the game, I could play a wizard-type, I guess.

johnsemlak

First Post
I'm interested. I'm familiar with Scarred Lands and like the setting. I"m new to the Epic 6 rules, but is everything I need to know in the first post?

Is there a space? If so, I'll take my lucky number, 11.

Moggthegob

First Post
Well I figured we still needed trapfinding. TO be frank I find them cheesy too but I also find Bo9S really cheesy too. By all means you were here first I can switch to Wizard. I like my little gnomish diviner lots. and more than have the stats for it.

Eidalac

Explorer
John: 17 13 11 15 6 13

I think that makes 5, and I like to start out with 6 (since in my history one or two normally fall out relatively early).

I *should* have everything up in the first post, but you might scan the rest just to make sure I didn't forget something (I've been a bit addled recently).

Eidalac

Explorer
Arondal's augmented items:

Pearl of Power (1st), Necklace of Prayer Beads (bless), 5 potions of cure light wounds, potion of spider climb, potion of swimming, wand of light (50 charges), Exceptional Heavy Mace (accurate, 2x crushing), Thin bladed knife, Excellent chain shirt (mastercraft, thick), Fine Light Steel Shield (holy symbol, guard), Explorer's Outfit, Backpack, Belt pouch, Bedroll, Flint and steel, Hempen rope, Trail rations (10 days), Waterskin, Holy water, Bullseye Lantern, Healer's Kit (+2 to heal, 10 uses), 311gp, letters of credit (800gp)

Specials
Crushing - each attack deals +2 non-lethal damage (+4 with 2x crushing)
thick - grants DR 1/-
guard - you can take a -1 to all attacks this round and gain +1 deflection to AC (deflection is doubled when the item is a shield).

hewligan

First Post
Eidalac said:
Arondal's augmented items:

Woo hoo ... I AM RICH!!!

Dudes, let's ditch the adventure and go and collect on my 800gp letters of credit. We may have to bash some level 0 merchants heads, but I will split the proceeds with you all! :D

Eidalac - thanks for the items. They seem to fit well. I will change my level 0 spell list to remove "light" as clearly I have enough light now with the wand.

We do need a wizard, but having 2 rogues shouldn't be a problem as long as someone comes and signs up for the arcane role.

johnsemlak

First Post
Eidalac said:
John: 17 13 11 15 6 13

I think that makes 5, and I like to start out with 6 (since in my history one or two normally fall out relatively early).

I *should* have everything up in the first post, but you might scan the rest just to make sure I didn't forget something (I've been a bit addled recently).

I'll be a wizard since that seems to be the role not filled so far.

Do we know what region of SL this campaign will take place in?

Work in progress at the moment:
[sblock]Name: Durn Vasher
Race: Human, from Vesh
Class (Level): Wizard (4)

STR: 11
DEX: 13
CON: 13
INT: 18 (17+1 at 4th lvl)
WIS: 15
CHA: 6

AC:
VP/WP: 15/13
BAB: +2

Saves:
Fort: +2
Ref: +2
Will: +6

Feats:
Scribe Scroll (Bonus Wizard Feat)
Spell Focus (Enchantment)
Spell Mastery (Human Extra Feat) Master Magic Missile, Sleep, Summon Monster 1)
Eschew Materials (Level 1 Bonus Feat)
Weapon Focus--Ray (Level 2 Extra Feat)
Sudden Widen (Level 3 Feat)
?? (Level 3 Extra feat)
Sudden Empower (Level Extra Feat)

Skills:
Knowledge Arcane 7 Ranks (+13)
Spellcraft 7 Ranks (+13)
Knowledge (History 5 Ranks (+9)
Knowelege Geography 4 Ranks (+8)
Knowledge Nature 5 Ranks (+9)
Concentration 7 Ranks (+8)
Decipher Script 7 Ranks (+11)
Craft Alchemy 7 Ranks (+11)

Spells: 5,4,3

Spells Known
0: All PHB
1st: Magic Missile, Sleep, Summon Monster 1, Obscuring Mist, Charm Person, Grease
2nd: Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray, Hideous Laughter, Web

Equipment (waiting)

Background:

Durn is the son of a wealthy merchant from Lave in Vesh. Growing up in a comfortable mansion, Durn read voraciously and developed in keen interest in alchemy and magic from some books in the family library. He loved to dabble as a child, and during his childhood an experiment once went horribly awry and badly disfigured his face (this partially explains the low Charisma). His magic skills have improved, and he's now an accomplished wizard. He retains his keen interest in alchemy and magic, particulary enchantment and conjuration, and above all else seeks to improve his knowledge in these areas.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads