E6: The Game Inside D&D (with PDFs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
You could also get a rogue that could do even more damage (20d6) by full-attacking a flanked target while using improved two-weapon fighting with two short swords.

I didn't realize that two-weapon pounce had such low BAB requirements. A two-weapon fighter or ranger suddenly seem more viable in E6 than I thought.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Shazman said:
You could also get a rogue that could do even more damage (20d6) by full-attacking a flanked target while using improved two-weapon fighting with two short swords.

I didn't realize that two-weapon pounce had such low BAB requirements. A two-weapon fighter or ranger suddenly seem more viable in E6 than I thought.

Wouldn't it be 16d6, since rogues would be dealing 1d6 sword +3d6 sneak damage with four attacks?

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Yeah, you're right. I somehow got it in my head that 6th level rogues had 4d6 sneak attack. Anyway, you get my point. The feat is broken.

FrouzenIland

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
Miniatures Handbok has a feat called Hurling Charge that lets you throw a weapon as a free action during a charge. BAB requirement is +6.

Ok, I agree that maybe my feat is broken because of the "clerics getting it" point.
But you are completely wrong about the scout thing.
The Hurling Charge feat lets you make a throwing attack during a charge, then draw a weapon and make the normal charge melee attack. The feat says you can't make more than two attacks, even if you could.

Last edited:

Kunimatyu

First Post
FrouzenIland said:
Ok, I agree that maybe my feat is broken because of the "clerics getting it" point.
But you are completely wrong about the scout thing.
The Hurling Charge feat lets you make a throwing attack during a charge, then draw a weapon and make the normal charge melee attack. The feat says you can't make more than two attacks, even if you could.

Oops, missed the "only one attack" bit, so you can't pounce and throw a weapon. Regardless, the cleric/druid bit seals the deal, and makes the feat way overpowered.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
We've given some good examples of how it can be abused, and I'm sure there are even worse things an experienced optomizer can do with this feat. There's a reason why scouts, rogues, and full casters don't have a full base attack progression. They would be horribly overpowered compared to the martial classes that do get a full base attack progression. You are more than welcome to use this feat in your games, but I'd keep a close eye on PC's that take this feat.

Last edited:

FrouzenIland

First Post
Yes it is overpowered. I was just trying to make a feat like the Caster Training, but the implications of increasing BAB are much more complex than increasing caster level.
BTW, can a 6th level paladin get the Caster Training feat and get caster level 6?

Kunimatyu

First Post
FrouzenIland said:
Yes it is overpowered. I was just trying to make a feat like the Caster Training, but the implications of increasing BAB are much more complex than increasing caster level.
BTW, can a 6th level paladin get the Caster Training feat and get caster level 6?

Yes it can, just like Practiced Spellcaster, though it doesn't do them a lot of good, as it just increases the duration of a few buff spells, and several of them(Divine Favor, Bless) have set durations of 1 minute already.

The key feat for a paladin spellcaster is Battle Blessing from Complete Champion, which lets them cast standard action spells as swift actions, though there's no way for a paladin to ever get 2nd level paladin spells in E6.

FrouzenIland

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
Yes it can, just like Practiced Spellcaster, though it doesn't do them a lot of good, as it just increases the duration of a few buff spells, and several of them(Divine Favor, Bless) have set durations of 1 minute already.

The key feat for a paladin spellcaster is Battle Blessing from Complete Champion, which lets them cast standard action spells as swift actions, though there's no way for a paladin to ever get 2nd level paladin spells in E6.

Whoa that's a nice feat for the pallys. I don't have complete champion yet. :(
Another feat most paladins will be getting a lot in E6 is the extra smite and extra turnings with those divine feats, don't you think?

FrouzenIland

First Post
who wants to play a Paladin or Ranger when you can do stuff like that?

Smite evil gets better with every paladin level, use it in charging smite (PHB2), plus divine might and power attack. Get some extra smite/turn undead and you can do it all day long. It's still a pretty powerful build.
The same with Ranger and favored enemy.... nah... rangers suck :p

But yes, Combat Training is still overpowered. Maybe in E5 it'd be ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads