Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

shilsen

Adventurer
Lela said:
Bing assoicated with the nun possession would do well to connect him with harlets and whores; a nun being the exact opposite in most minds--regardless of whether or not it's true.

That's possible. The possession story, involving the nun Louise Capeau and a novice called Madeleine de Demandolx, was especially sensationalist because it involved all kinds of claims about the sexual escapades of a priest called Louis Gaufridi (with Madeleine and a large number of other people). One of the prevailing ideas in it was that the priest used demons to possess women and seduce them. So the story does lend itself quite easily to the subject.

grodog

Hero
Thanks for all the comments folks. I had thought that maybe the association between Sonneillon and the nuns might point toward sexual depravity/succubi, but I haven't found any good accounts of the possession, hence my query.

Sep said:

Interesting that you also had her pegged as a kind of uber-succubus, though - I'd had the same role assigned to her in a campaign I was running 12 years ago, or so.

My friend Allen Ruch (1e DM at PSU) created her as the Demon Queen of Succubi, sometime before c. 1987. I adopted her into my game when we merged our demonic pantheons sometime in the early 1990s (though we were no longer gaming together by then, as I'd moved to Lawrence, Kansas, for grad school).

I wonder if she was mentioned in an old Dragon mag or something?

According to an index of proper names in 1e materials created by a very-detailed-oriented friend of mine (Jason Zavoda, another huge Greyhawk fan), Soneillon only appears in the the MM2 listing (not in Dragon, DMG, EGG novels, etc.).

I think we can attribute this to some form of demonic synchronicity, Sep.

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Sepulchrave II said:
CHTHONIC DEMONS

‘Chthonic’ is a template that can be added to any demon of at least 6 Hit Dice and 16 charisma.
[...]
Hit Dice: A chthonic demon always has maximum hit points per die
[...]
Challenge Rating: 12 to 20 HD, as base demon +15; 21+ HD, as base demon +12.

What about demons with 6-11 HD ? Are they allowed and forgotten about in the CR entry, or is it an inconsistency raised from a draft version ?

KingCroMag

First Post
As you approached epic levels you mentioned that that epic spells were being made that would allow a caster to assume the pseudonatuaral and epic pseudonatural forms. Did you or Dan ever complete these?
I was also curious as to the epic progressions that the character have and will use.
Thanks
_KCM

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
You tell him, Gez!

Hmm. Did he ever see the portrait we commissioned for him? He must not have, or simple gratitude and courtesy would have made him more forthcoming to Mostin's fans.

Remove ads