Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Dakkareth

First Post
Looking at Jovol's armband one could say, that Mostin got a little shafted when Jovol gave out his stuff. I mean, by the time he can cast the spell, he could probably create it himself. otoh the stone tablet spare him a lot of xp/gold learning the spell ...

grodog

Hero
I had a curious thought last night: what if the tablet isn't the spell with which Fillein bound Graz'zt (IIRC all we know about it is that it says Graz'zt's name on it, right?).

What if, instead, it is Graz'zt's soul object?

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
grodog said:
I had a curious thought last night: what if the tablet isn't the spell with which Fillein bound Graz'zt (IIRC all we know about it is that it says Graz'zt's name on it, right?).

What if, instead, it is Graz'zt's soul object?

Soul Object?

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I was looking at the write-up for Graz'zt, halfway down this page and the question occurred to me- why does he summon glabrezu and balors? Shouldn't it be succubi and mariliths? Particularly now that he's short a few balors. :)

Does he have access to wish or miracle?

I'm also curious as to how the simulacrum works when he applies it to himself. (Very handy for supervising witch's sabbaths on myriads of primes, no doubt).

His basic stats (caster level, hit dice, etc) are simply multiplied by 60%, if I understand it correctly, and derivative stats (like BAB) are recalculated. Are his "at will" abilities reduced to once every other round? (or 3/5 rounds: ability/pause/ability/pause/ability, repeat) Or are 40% of them simply lost?

On the Simulacrum, I'm not sure how Sepulchrave does it, but since it's a highly disputed topic, I thought I'd throw in my opinion here.

Since Simulacrum is Illusion (Shadow), and since Shades can conjure a creature and is also Illusion (Shadow), why not apply the same rules for a Shadow creature here (although as an automatically 'recognized' Shade)?

In the SRD, under Shades:
Shadow creatures have three-fifths the normal hit points (regardless of whether they’re recognized as shadowy). They deal normal damage and have all normal abilities and weaknesses. Against a creature who recognizes them as shadowy, however, such a creature’s damage is three-fifths normal, and all special abilities that do not produce normal damage (in hit points) are only 60% likely to work. (Roll for each use and each affected character separately.) Furthermore, the shadow creature’s AC bonuses are three-fifths as large.

This is for a 60% real creature, since Simulacrum could produce a 51-60% creature, I suggest making anything 57% and below only 50% or 1/2 as much and 58%-60% to three fifths as much as per Shades.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hey Sepulchrave I gotta say these characters and your story hour is fantastic, any chance of seeing the Perfect template by the way ?

Remove ads