Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Death Impulse
Necromancy [Death]
Spellcraft DC: 95
Components: none
Casting Time: 1 quickened action
Range: 0 ft.
Area: 20-ft. radius sphere burst centred on you
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes
To Develop: Seeds: slay (DC 25). Factors: quickened (+28 DC), no verbal or somatic components (+4DC), change from target to area (+10DC), +10 on caster level to overcome SR (+20DC), increase spell's save DC by +10 (+20DC). Mitigating factors: burn 1200 XP (-12 DC)

As a free action which counts as a quickened spell, you release an impulse of death which slays those near you. All creatures with less than 80 HD who are within 20 feet of you must succeed at a Fortitude saving throw (DC 30+ relevant modifier) or die. You enjoy a +10 bonus to overcome their spell resistance, if applicable.

I guess that was the spell he used on the Glooms summoned by Shomei.

Lela

First Post
On Death Impulse, do you have to remove Somatic components when you've already made it a quickened action to cast?

DanMcS

Explorer
Lela said:
On Death Impulse, do you have to remove Somatic components when you've already made it a quickened action to cast?

If he wants it to have no somatic components, yes. A normal spell that has somatic components still has them when metamagicked.

Lela

First Post
DanMcS said:
If he wants it to have no somatic components, yes. A normal spell that has somatic components still has them when metamagicked.
Yes, but a Quickened spell doesn't provoke an AoO (I'm 99% sure). It would depend on why he doesn't want the Somatic components I guess.

DanMcS

Explorer
He might want to use it while grappled or otherwise immobilized. Taking away the somatic component has nothing to do with AoOs.

Lela

First Post
In this case, no. Actually finding someone/something to grapple him would be a great way to immobilize the Demon Prince for a round or two. Might be a good chance to blast him.

Which brings a thought, what about escape? He needs to be able to get away fast. Some kind of (Epic) Getaway spell.

grodog

Hero
grodog said:
Sep said:
Pharamne's urn is a transcendental artifact.

Sounds interesting! I wasn't able to find an item quality for transcendental. Anyone got a pointer, or did you create this too Sep?

*bump* :D

edit: that is, does anyone know that transcendental items are?

Last edited:

Noir

Explorer
Mulissu spell question

When the group are preparing for the battle at Khu Mostin question Mulissu about her spells and she mentions Skeletal Deliquescence. What is that spell and is it one of yours, Sep?

strawberryJAMM

First Post
D&Dg?

Sepulchrave II said:
(I'd like to point out that I've just realized how much material from D&Dg is creeping into my game. Kind of scary.)

bold emphasis added

Okay, I'm probably displaying all kinds of ignorance, but can someone please explain what "D&Dg" means? :\

Jenni

Remove ads