(Eberron) Atavist: The Secret War

Ferrix

Explorer
Very cool... I'll put my name down as a possible applicant, but be forewarned that I'm apartment hunting for now and will be moving before the end of August so I'll be a bit delayed through that time.

You also realize that there aren't going to be any full BAB characters with the class restrictions right?

ByteRynn

First Post
I do in fact realize that. On the flip side, noone will have to spend very much on weapons either, so gold will go a little bit farther than otherwise. Also, if this group can't find creative ways to tactically kick butt through flanking, power use, equipment use, and feat use, then the Dreaming Dark deserves to take you out.

PS> Ferrix, having seen what kind of characters you've made or suggested in the past, I had actually kind of penciled you in as interested in my mind already. Timeline is flexible. Good luck finding a place.

ByteRynn

First Post
You have been training together from fairly early on in life, though the six of you rarely trained together. Kalashtar, as a general rule, don't travel in very big numbers, as large cells of them tend to draw Quori baddies.

The six of you were brought together by a mysterious council who said that the four of you have been hand selected for a ritual that has been found in an ancient source. The ritual basically unblocks the innate mental barriers that keep the Quori spirit in you from overcoming your physical form, putting you in true touch with your Quori spirit. The fact that these Quori spirits are no longer sentient, but dispersed though whole lines, combined with your own personal mental discipline allows you to control a higher degree of Quori power than the average Kalashtar.

In game terms, this lets those six with high levels of physical discipline (Soulknives and Monks pushing to Atavist) become gehstalt characters with high manifesting capability (your manifesting class).

Basically, history-wise, you were monks and soulknives training (however you want to write it) to be Atavists. You were all selected by the council, underwent the transformation, and for the last year have been learning your manifesting powers, and a little about fighting together.

ByteRynn

First Post
Well, just to catalogue who is interested in playing what:

Dracomeander: Psion/Soulknife (Kineticist)-Aggressive
NapoleonicSoup: Psion/Monk (Egoist)- Aggressive
Kaodi: PsychicWarrior/Soulknife- Aggressive
Watus: Psion/Monk (Telepath)- Sociable
Shayuri: PsychicWarrior/Soulknife-Insightful
TroyXavier: Interest
Isida Kep'Tukari: Wilder/Soulknife-???
Voidrazor: PsionicArtificer/Soulknife-(Sociable)

So, it seems clear people really like Psions! Feel free to branch out a bit!

Keep the submissions coming. When I get some time this weekend between football games, I'll look more closely at the submissions so far and give feedback.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I also have some interest. I was thinking a wilder/soulknife, representing the wild and passionate aspect rarely put forward in kalashtar.

Sushana, is a fairly young kalashtar, but one whose visions brought to her by her lineage are particularly intense. It has led her away from the more contemplative and rational outlook of many kalashtar to a more vibrant and sociable path. She is particularly friendly and open, easily making friends with all types of people. Though she is a guardian of the kalashtar, she is also a shield against their discovery.

Shayuri

First Post
Preliminary character sheet for soulknife/psychic warrior build. Going for a highly mobile semi stealthy warrior sort here. Kind of a D&D jedi, if you will. Not finalized yet, but enough to give an idea.

[sblock]Name: Thorn
Race: Kalashtar
Class/Level: Psychic Warrior 6 / Soulknife 5 - Atavist 1
Exp

Desc

Strength (STR) 14
Dexterity (DEX) 16
Constitution (CON) 14
Intelligence (INT) 12
Wisdom (WIS) 14
Charisma (CHA) 10

Alignment: Lawful Good
AC: 19
Hit Points: 62/62
Movement: 30'

Init: +3
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Melee Attack: +6
Ranged Attack: +7
Fort: +7
Reflex: +8
Will: +7

Race Abilities
+2 vs mind affecting effects
+2 Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate
+2 to Disguise self as human
Does not Dream
+1pp per level
Psi-like ability: Mindlink 1/day, CL 3

Class Abilities:
Psionics
Bonus feats

Mind Blade +1
Weapon Focus: Mind Blade
Wild Talent
Throw Mind Blade
Psychic Strike 1d8
Free Draw
Shape Mind Blade

Call to Mind
Spiritual Lineage: Insightful
Mind Blade Enhancement

Skills: 20+20+5
Autohypnosis 5 ranks
Concentration 8 ranks
Hide 5 ranks
Jump 5 ranks
Listen 6 ranks
Move Silently 5 ranks
Spot 6 ranks
Tumble 5 ranks

Feats
1 Psionic Weapon
b Psionic Meditation
b Psionic Body
3 Mind Strike: Focused
b Mental Leap
6 Up the Walls

Psionics
Power points: 23
Powers known:
1st - Biofeedback, Force Shield, Offensive Prescience
2nd - Body Adjustment, Darkvision, Detect Hostile Intent

Languages - Common, Quor, ?

Money - 900

Weapons -
Soulknife, +9, 1d8+4

Armour -
Mithril Chain Shirt +1, 2100

Gear -

Magic -
Ring of Protection +1, 2000
Cloak of Resistance +2, 4000
Gauntlets of Ogre Power, 4000[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
I'm between places at the moment and don't have my books (they're in storage), so I'll let someone else take my place sadly.

Hope the game goes well.

Remove ads