After much deliberation, here is the team:

Code:
Alakashtai ir’Drosin	 Drothgery
Wraethmar	              Voidrazor
Malkhad	                            Watus
Sushana	                             Isida Kep’tukari
Marserath	               Dracomeander
Khanserath	                 Kaodi

For those of you who didn't make it, don't worry! I will keep you as an alt and track you down when someone disappears (as they inevitably do!)

The rest of you, go over your character sheets and tighten them up. I will go through them this week, give you feedback, and try and coordinate some of your background elements with my own campaign notes, and then coordinate them with each other.

After all of that happens, the RG will go up and we will begin!

drothgery

First Post
Well, the big mechanical question I've got is whether or not it'll be okay to take Leadership and build Lukar as her cohort (and if so, what's the point buy, and is he a gestalt character too; as a non-gestalt character, he's a paladin, but as a gestalt character, it's probably more effecient to build him as a fighter or PHBII knight//cleric -- nothing really works well for the other side of a paladin).

Dracomeander

First Post
The one question I've got is whether I'm reading the fractional base bonuses correctly.

According to how I read the sidebar in Unearthed Arcana, the saves for Marserath are legit. However, I'm noticing that Mar's saves are significantly higher than what the others have been coming up with for their characters.

By my reading, the Atavist side of the gestalt should come up with base save bonuses of Fort +2 - Ref +7 - Will +7 for a Soulknife or Fort +4 (4 & 5/6 rounded down) - Ref +7 - Will +7 for a Monk.

Also BAB for the Atavist side should come up to +4 (4 & 1/2 rounded down).

Is this correct?

ByteRynn

First Post
Yes, Dracomeander, you are correct.

Easy reference for everyone:
Fractional Base Attack/Base Saves:

BAB for all characters: +4 (4.5 rounded down)
Base Fort for Monk/Atavists: +4 (4.83 rounded down)
Base Fort for Soulknife/Atavists: +2 (2.67 rounded down)
Base Ref/Will for all characters: +7

Of course, if your Psionic caster class has a higher value for any of these, use the higher value. The only value that will likely be changed will be your Fort save, if any.

Drothgery: Yes, Lukar can be a cohort. I really like the plot hooks/character development that your character's conflicted faith personified in the conflicted love interest with Lukar offers. However, given your general guidlines and introduction of Lukar in your story, I will stat him out and play him. I think that will both make for more interesting interplay between the two of you and it will keep the relationship more organic. Plus, I really like statting out characters. If you are cool with leadership giving you a cohort that I will stat and play, but that will remain loyal to you as long as you are good to him (And also not running around with evil people...he does like being a Paladin), keep leadership as a feat. Otherwise, if you drop it, Lukar will still be around, however, things will conspire to make it impossible for him to regularly adventure with you.

Now onto the character sheets!

drothgery

First Post
ByteRynn said:
If you are cool with leadership giving you a cohort that I will stat and play, but that will remain loyal to you as long as you are good to him [...] keep leadership as a feat.

Well, I'd kind of like to know roughly how you're going to stat him out, and note that he at least begins his career as a rural priest's son who very much looks the part of a paladin (tall, good looking human male, though he really needs to be up to her weight intellectually) on the classic paladin path (which is to say heavy armor and mounted combat), though the last two years adventuring with Alakashtai may have pushed him in a different direction. But for now, I'll run with it.

And I've decided that I just don't have enough feats for her. I was going to have her take a flaw in order to get another one (since she absolutely has to have Weapon Finesse to be an effective combatant, and I wanted her to have Combat Expertise, Gestalt Anchor, and Leadership), but all of the feats I really want have pre-requisites, and so can't be taken at first level. Ergo, taking a flaw doesn't help her there.

ByteRynn said:
(And also not running around with evil people...he does like being a Paladin)

I don't think that's going to be a problem for her...

ByteRynn

First Post
I will probably stat him out non-gehstalt, straight-up Paladin. However, if you think it would be at all in character for him, especially in light of the time he has spent with you, to multi-class a little into monk with an eye toward becoming an Ardent Fist. I was planning on leaving him with good Paladin support feats that focus on using turning attempts to help against posession, such as Unyeilding Bond of Soul and Sacred Resiliance from Faiths of Eberron. I saw him as a heavy-armor wearing, longsword wielding mounted warrior who had recently developed an appreciation for a centered, balanced ascetic approach toward life, taking up your people's war against the Inspired as his own crusade.

Basically, you have 3 choices:

Paladin, no PRC
or Paladin w/ a little monk toward Ardent Fist (and Whirling steel strike for Longsword Stunning Smite attacks!)
or Paladin heading toward Exorcist of the Silver Flame (great for forcing out those pesky possessed Quori!)

Tell me how you want your Paladin to roll, and I'll work him out.

Rereading your post: So, did you decide no Leadership?

ByteRynn

First Post
First sheet breakdown!

Kaodi:[sblock]
Now that you're picked, flesh this sheet out for me. Your skills, ability scores, PPs, and feats look good. You cheated yourself some HP. By my count you should have 69 hp (45 HD+12 Con+12 Psionic Body). 9 AP. Put up your attacks, and if you could, write out your special abilities. Look at some of the other submission's character sheet formats and copy them for your own. I like what I see so far![/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
ByteRynn said:
or Paladin heading toward Exorcist of the Silver Flame (great for forcing out those pesky possessed Quori!)

Tell me how you want your Paladin to roll, and I'll work him out.

I'm thinking the Exorcist route's probably the best for his character. The only concern I've got here is making sure he's tough enough to tag along with us and not get killed.

ByteRynn said:
Rereading your post: So, did you decide no Leadership?

I decided to forego gestalt anchor for now, and start with just Leadership (unless I can figure a non-cheating way to get another feat at level 2 or higher -- well, other than taking a level of fighter, anyway).

Last edited:

Remove ads