D&D 5E Eberron Confidential by Keith Baker

Keith Baker's latest 26-page Eberron book is called Eberron Confidential. It contains a a collection of character 'secrets' which function as adventure hooks and minor player abilities. Everyone's hiding something! What's a secret you've never shared? Are you hiding an aberrant dragonmark? Were you kicked out of Arcanix? Were you actually raised by gnolls? Or are you [REDACTED]? In Eberron...

Keith Baker's latest 26-page Eberron book is called Eberron Confidential. It contains a a collection of character 'secrets' which function as adventure hooks and minor player abilities.

335554.png

Everyone's hiding something! What's a secret you've never shared? Are you hiding an aberrant dragonmark? Were you kicked out of Arcanix? Were you actually raised by gnolls? Or are you [REDACTED]?

In Eberron Confidential, setting creator Keith Baker presents a host of secrets for DMs and players to enjoy. Each secret provides a unique connection to the world of Eberron, an intriguing story hook for the DM to explore, a minor mechanical benefit, and unlimited roleplay potential.

Eberron Confidential includes the following...
  • 54 character secrets, ready to be printed out and distributed as player handouts.
  • Tips for Dungeon Masters to integrate each secret into a campaign.
  • Options for introducing secrets to your players, whether at character creation or during an ongoing campaign.
  • Ideas for using rumors to add drama to party dynamics.
  • Tables for quickly generating NPC secrets whenever you need them.

CpmYXTA.jpg

YqF7u1B.jpg

ChaosOS

Legend
As of right now, it's the first dmsguild supplement to dethrone Exploring Eberron from the #1 spot in the hot bar in the last 106 days. I don't think that will last though, the low price tag means it would have to sustain over 6x the sales of ExE. (The hot bar is based on total $$ sales). By contrast, I think this will occupy the top spot on the "under $5" for a very, very long time since that's based just on units sold with no price weighting.

Rellott

Explorer
So this has no crunch, only secrets for players? While lore is interesting, I’m always much more interested in races and archetypes that I can mine for other uses/settings.

Chaosmancer

Legend
So this has no crunch, only secrets for players? While lore is interesting, I’m always much more interested in races and archetypes that I can mine for other uses/settings.

There is a little bit of crunch, each secret gives a small ability, like a new skill or a cantrip. A few even give a more unique ability, like regaining 1 hp on a roll of 18 or better on a Death Save

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
There have been a couple posted to facebook in the runup by keith. They all seem to give something minor that you don't need to worry too much about balancing.
1605113124744.png

1605113145240.png

TheSword

Legend
It looks good. I would really love to see a quality published campaign set in Eberron. At least 10
Levels... don’t care which.

The 3e adventures really didn’t do the setting justice. It would be great to see something with the production values of the current products he’s releasing.

ChaosOS

Legend
It looks good. I would really love to see a quality published campaign set in Eberron. At least 10
Levels... don’t care which.

The 3e adventures really didn’t do the setting justice. It would be great to see something with the production values of the current products he’s releasing.
I've always wanted a Q'barra adventure based on this post.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads