• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: Dark Tides, Cold Steel (OOC)

Bront

The man with the probe
Gomez said:
Ok I am dropping Verbatum from the game and I will get a alternate in here. In the mean time let's pick up where we left off. Sorry for the delay.
Not your fault, no problem.

We got a hexblade, a fighter, and a rogue/swashbuckler. Definately a different group. A caster of some kind should be a welcome addition.

Welcome aboard Bobitron.

Bobitron

Explorer
Here we go! I had a tough time deciding between gnome and halfling, but I think the gnome as written in the PHB really doesn't mesh with how I picture the inhabitants of Zilargo, so I stuck with a Khorvaire Halfling. Still working on equipment, spells, and filling in some blanks, I'll have them up on Wednesday. Any suggestions for spells would be greatly appreciated, it's been a while since I have played a spellcaster. I was thinking of going towards the charms and illusions route. Also, Gomez, could I trade the Familiar abilty for the Scribe Scroll feat?

Kira Fierken

276small.jpg

Halfling Sorcerer

Background: Kira is the youngest daughter of a merchant family in Breland with strong aspirations toward entering the nobility. She attended the best schools and social events Wroat had to offer. Her father was finally appointed to low-ranking position in Parliament while Kira was attended finishing school at Graviat University, a prestigious but small campus located near Parliament Hall. Things were looking up for the Fierkens.

Then all the family’s dreams came crashing down. Master Fierken was caught accepting a bribe for some minor issue, and he was used as an example by the authorities. Banished from political service, he fell into a deep depression. Kira was pulled from school. Her name tarnished, Kira decided to leave the area and find her own way in Khorvaire. She has traveled to the Lhazaar Principalities, hoping to find employment within the loosely organized confederacy. She made it as far as Port Verge before the money started to run out, and now she is ready to take just about anything that arises.

Appearance: Kira has the typical Halfling build, but with the thin limbs and soft hands of one who has never worked a day. She dresses nicely in clothes better suited to a cosmopolitan lady than those of a traveling mage. She keeps her hair carefully cut to shoulder length, and despises looking or feeling dirty.

About this character: A friendly and talkative young woman, Kira has never had trouble making friends, even amongst the big people. She has a knack for making people at ease. Kira is accustomed to a life of comfort, and is finding life outside the city and its safe, warm rooms to be a chore.

Height: 3’
Weight: 30
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Sorcerer
3rd level
Experience: 3000
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: The Sovereign Host, lip-service only

Statistics:

STR: 8
DEX: 14
CON: 10
INT: 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 16

Hit Points: 9 (4+2+3)

Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +2 (base +1, CON +0, Race +1)
Reflex: +4 (base +1, DEX +2, Race +1)
Will: +5 (base +3, WIS +1, Race +1)

Armor Class: 13 (+1 size, +2 DEX)

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Weapons/attacks:

Masterwork silver dagger (small, +2 att, 1d3-1 damage, 19-20/x2 Crit)
Throwing knives (6 qty, small, +5 att, 1d3-1 damage, 19-20/x2 Crit, 10 range)

Skills:

Appraise +2
Balance +2
Bluff* +11 (6 ranks, +3 CHA, +2 Persuasive feat)
Climb +1 (-1 STR, +2 Racial)
Concentration* +6 (6 ranks)
Craft* +1
Diplomacy +5 (+3 CHA, +2 synergy from Bluff)
Disguise +3 (additional +2 when trying to act in character, synergy from Bluff)
Escape Artist +2
Forgery +2
Gather Information +3
Heal +2
Hide +6 (+2 DEX, +4 racial)
Intimidate +5 (+3 CHA, +2 Persuasive feat)
Jump +1 (-1 STR, +2 Racial)
Knowledge (arcana)* +8 (5 ranks, +2 INT, +1 Education feat)
Knowledge (general) +2
Knowledge (history)* +4 (1 rank, +2 INT, +1 Education feat)
Listen +3 (+1 WIS, +2 racial)
Move Silently +4 (+2 DEX, +2 racial)
Perform +3
Profession* +1
Ride +2
Search +2
Sense Motive +1
Spellcraft* +10 (6 ranks, +2 INT, +2 synergy from Knowledge-arcana)
Spot +1
Survival +1
Swim -1

Feats:
Education (All knowledges are class skills, +1 on arcana and history)
Persuasive (+2 on Bluff and Intimidate checks)
Scribe Scroll

Spellcasting

Spells known: 5 zero level, 3 first level (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Light, and Prestidigitation at 0 level, and Charm Person, Silent Image, and Sleep at first)
Spells per day: 7 zero level, 6 first level

Racial Features:

Small (+1 AC, +1 to hit, +4 Hide checks, ¾ carry limits)
+1 racial bonus to all saving throws
+2 racial bonus to Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks
+2 morale bonus to saves vs fear
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls with slings and thrown weapons

Languages: Common, Halfling, Draconian, Elven

Equipment:
Equipment:
Masterwork dagger (302 gp)
Scrolls with 3 castings of Shield, 3 castings of Mage Armor, 2 castings of Comprehend Languages, 1 casting of Tenser’s Floating Disc, 1 casting of Enlarge Person, 2 castings of Jump, 1 casting of True Strike, 1 casting of Expeditious Retreat, 1 casting of Endure Elements, and 1 casting of Feather Fall, all at 1st level (400 gp)
Scrolls with 3 castings of Charm Person, 2 castings of Detect Magic, 2 castings of Prestidigitation, and 3 castings of Sleep, all at first level (100 gp)
Scroll case (1 gp)
6 throwing knives (12 gp)
4 Sunrods (8 gp)
Small steel mirror (10 gp)
Soap and washing cloths (5 sp)
Waterskin (1 gp)
Inkpen, Ink, and 5 sheet of paper (9 gp)
Fine clothing, 2 changes
Assorted jewelry worth 50 gp

Total spent: 892 gold, 5 silver
Wealth: 5 silver, 7 gold

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Scorching Ray is good if you like blowing things up at short range, but it's 2nd level, so you might not get it yet. Magic Missile is always usefull. Enlarger and/or Reduce person can be usefull and utilitarian. Animate Rope cann be a good utility spell, as can Prestiditation. Do make sure you get detect magic as a 0 level spell, read magic can be useful, but isn't as usefull.

Complrehend languages can be usefull if you don't have a good decipher script or you can touch the people you want to understand.

Hope those help :)

BTW, what book is the Education feat from?

Bobitron

Explorer
Bront said:
Scorching Ray is good if you like blowing things up at short range, but it's 2nd level, so you might not get it yet. Magic Missile is always usefull. Enlarger and/or Reduce person can be usefull and utilitarian. Animate Rope cann be a good utility spell, as can Prestiditation. Do make sure you get detect magic as a 0 level spell, read magic can be useful, but isn't as usefull.

Complrehend languages can be usefull if you don't have a good decipher script or you can touch the people you want to understand.

Hope those help :)

BTW, what book is the Education feat from?

I was thinking Read Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Light, and Prestidigitation at 0 level, and Charm Person, Silent Image, and Sleep at first. I'll leave the damage doing to you guys, unless you all think I really need to take a combat spell. I think I will wait for some more input before making a final decision.

Education is from the Eberron Campaign Setting, pg. 52.

Bront

The man with the probe
I might suggest Comp Language instead of Silent Image or Sleep, but otherwise looks good. Sleep gets week/useless soon (more than 4 HD), and never been a big fan of Silent Image though.

Edit: Doh, figures it was in a book I have.

Bobitron

Explorer
Bront said:
I might suggest Comp Language instead of Silent Image or Sleep, but otherwise looks good. Sleep gets week/useless soon (more than 4 HD), and never been a big fan of Silent Image though.

I think I like the idea of Sleep, a guy in my face-to-face game has put it to very good use over levels 1-5 or so. Silent Image might end up being a total waste, but I'm looking forward to having some fun with it in a roleplaying context.

I grabbed a couple of the ones you recommended as scrolls. Equipment is done.

Bront said:
Edit: Doh, figures it was in a book I have.

:\ If I had to tell you how many times that has happened to me, we would be here all day. I bought a bunch of books lately, and have really only skimmed all of the Complete books.

Gomez

First Post
Bobitron,

She looks great! I am going to get her going in the game but you have time to finish her up. If you want to change out your Familiar ability with Scribe Scroll that is fine with me.

Bobitron

Explorer
Gomez said:
Bobitron,

She looks great! I am going to get her going in the game but you have time to finish her up. If you want to change out your Familiar ability with Scribe Scroll that is fine with me.

Whooo Hoo! I'm in a GOMEZ GAME! All my e-buddies will be soooo jealous.

This Spellcraft or Read Magic thing to read a scroll is making me a bit nervous, though. Kira ended up with a +10 in Spellcraft, and can cast a whole bunch of Read Magic, but I hate to think I will be called upon to cast something with a DC of 21. A bit iffy, ya know?

I'll update her to reflect Scribe Scroll. Thanks, Gomez. Can I create my own scrolls without having to spend the xp cost? It would let me get some more 1st level scrolls to buff up the party a bit. If not, I'll just stick with what is already there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads