Eberron pronunciation...

Jack of Shadows

First Post
sniffles said:
I've always assumed the second one. Based on the (admittedly variable) rules of English pronunciation, that's how it would be expected to be pronounced due to the presence of the two Rs.

Of course, it isn't an English word, and in your game you can say it any way you want! :D

Well,

Under conventional English usage it would be pronounced EE-ber-ron. Which is apparently how the WotC folk pronounce it according to an earlier poster. But I'm Canadian so I choose to pronounce it EH-ber-ron. :)

P.S. Was that too subtle?

Jack

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Speaking on pronunctiation,

What's with Keith's facination of double vowels? I mean I know how to pronounce EE and OO but what the devil do you do with AA, UU, an II?

Is it Dhar-GOON or Dhar-GUN or even Dhar-LOO KOO KOO Ke Koo Koo KOO. (sorry, 'nother Canadianism slipped in there).

Jack

haiiro

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
According to Keith, it's pronounced "Seeree".

It always reads as "sire" to me, but "see-ree" is actually a neater pronunciation. After so long reading it as sire, I wonder if I get wrap my brain around see-ree? ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Joshua Dyal said:
Eberron (Ebb-err-on) I'm OK on. But how the heck do you pronounce Cyre? I typically think "sire" in my head, but I've heard other--equally compelling-- options.
I've heard one person who uses the long E (like e-mail), most people use a soft e (like Ebb and flow).

As for Cyre, I've been pronouncing it Sear, as in to sear meat.

Remove ads