[Eberron] Queen with Burning Eyes

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes Shifter Barbarian 2

(ooc: sorry it took me so long to reply I was checking the wrong thread, smile)

Tilting my head in thanks to the elevator operator I enter the cogs. We do have to be carefull down here and I plan on watching for anyone that might be a little to interested in our doings. With a registered sigh, "I do suggest that we visit the tavern first as then we might learn any new happenings that have been going on." With that said I await for my friends to move out as I will take the rear guard, in case anyone is stupid enough to come and attack us from behind.

Blue_Genie

First Post
You remember the directions given to you by the bugbear bouncers in the Bucket and see the two largest forges on the far side of the cavern from where you are now standing. A large tunnel, at least 25 wide and with rail tracks running along its left side, is situated between them.

While you are standing there waiting, wondering what to do next, the smallest goblin you have ever seen approaches. He can't be much more than two feet tall, is covered from head to toe in grease and soot and has longer than average nails on his hands and feet which almost resemble claws. Seeing your drawn weapons he holds up his hands in a gesture of peace and whines, "Ah, no, don't hurt poor Skerriks! Skerriks has not hurt you! Skerriks is your friend." When he sees he is in no immediate danger, he sidles up to you and lowers his voice, "You are new here in the Blacks, yes? Skerriks knows all the tunnels and caves, Skerriks can show you!" He grins up at you, showing you his crooked, yellow teeth. One of his canines is so large, that it pokes through this upper lip and almost skewers his nose.

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss, Warforged Fighter 2

"Skerricks, is it? Pleased to make your aquaintence little sir. Is this the entrance to the famed warforged tavern? It occurs to me that Warforged, who do not eat, have less use for a tavern than the other races. Could you explain this irregularity? I do no think we need a guide as yet, but we may wish to retain your services in the future. Are you often found in this area?"

Bobitron

Explorer
Saric Acoma

Still adjusting to the soot and choking smoke of the city, Saric keeps his hood pulled down tight over his eyes, cast a long glance at anyone walking past.

He nudges Tok. "What do you think about this sorry creature? I don't know that a guide is needed, but I admit to feeling a bit... out of place down here."

OOC: Nice to have you back, Blue. Hope you are feeling better.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tok replies to Saric

"Just because we know how to get somewhere doesn't mean we know what to expect once we get there. If we just asked this small one what to expect in the area that is our destination, he would likely sell our ultimate goal to some other undesirable and cause us trouble...if we take this one with us, then I beleive we can keep an eye on him. Do you all agree with my assessment of the situation?"

Bobitron

Explorer
ShaggySpellsword said:
Tok replies to Saric

"Just because we know how to get somewhere doesn't mean we know what to expect once we get there. If we just asked this small one what to expect in the area that is our destination, he would likely sell our ultimate goal to some other undesirable and cause us trouble...if we take this one with us, then I beleive we can keep an eye on him. Do you all agree with my assessment of the situation?"

SARIC ACOMA

"That sounds wise. I would feel more comfortable with a local providing us some insight."

Saric turns to the goblin.

"Hey there! Would you like to earn a coin or two?"

Blue_Genie

First Post
Skerrik's long, pointed ears immediately perk up when he hears the mention of coin and he sidles over to Saric, tugging on his waistcoat. “Oh yes, yes indeed, kind sirs, I can be most helpful! What would you like to know? Noble gents like you are probably looking for treasure and adventure, something to stir the blood and harden the will. Do I speak true?

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss, Warforged Fighter 2

"Let us start with a stroll, and you can advise us at to the interesting places we are passing, and any dangers you think likely. Preferably, before we come upon them."

Anvuss is less long winded than usual, and appears to be focusing in more on his surroundings. If he were a humanoid, he might describe his current mood as "the hairs on the back of his neck rising." Having been reminded repeatedly that he is in a dangerous area, he's settling into a more buisnesslike frame of mind.

Bobitron

Explorer
Saric Acoma

Saric gives Skerricks a wide grin, keeping his eyes deep in the hood of his cloak.

"Right, you heard the... umm... man.", he said, flipping a gold coin to the goblin. "Lead the way. On to the Red Hammer, folks."

OOC:
Keep my eyes sharp. I don't want to be led into a trap, especially after giving gold to the one who might lead us in.

Spot check if needed: Saric rolls 1d20+7, getting [16,7] = (23)

Remove ads