Explorer
OOC: INIT not needed.
Atk vs Tina [roll0]
Atk vs William [roll1]
Gutter [roll2]
[roll3]
Curious Gutter has -5 for range, +2 for DEX, and +3 for AC adjustment
Note to self: Bows vs PCs lol

Gutter let's an arrow fly and it would have caught the kobold directly in the back if not for the huge sack it was carrying. The arrow hardly scratches the creatures and it continues to run off into the darkness.

Tina and her opponent trade blows and feints around the porch post. The bandit gets a good swing in and nearly takes off her head with a huge wild swing, but it leaves him open to her return blow. Slipping her sword into the man's gut quickly, she pushes him backward to release her blade.

William has found the taller stronger bandit that has come out the door last to be handy with his shortblade. He deflects side steps and then counterattacks with a quickness that belays his size. But neither gets in a telling blow upon the other.

At about this time the children start to cry and their parents have their hands full trying to keep them quiet, and not attract further attention.

OOC:
Dmg to kobold needs to be 4+ or he escapes into the darkness.
Tina is free of melee, William is still engaged.

Last edited:

Tina dashes after the kobold with her sword ready to attack.

OOC: This is a charge and if she doesn't reach him this round, she will charge again next round. But she will only attempt this for two rounds. This one and the next one.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Sorry gang totally missed that TallIan had posted I was waiting to see his name in my Settings.

William brings his sword down hard as his foe tries to parry the blow. Instead the blade of the short sword snaps in two as the heavy two-handed weapon crushes the sternum of the bandit.

Hearing Tina closing up behind it the kobold drops the burlap sack and darts between two buildings. The glint of silver sparkles off a variety of objects in the twilight rays of the rising moon.

OOC: Do you wish to procceed jmucchiello? He does have a good head start 2 round I believe.

OOC: Well, I said I would evaluate whether to chase after round 2. But if by round 1 he's gone or may as well be gone, Tina will just pick up the sack and jog back to the house.

"These are not opportunist looters. Something organized is going on. My granpappy would say it's the cult of the dragon."

OOC: do the bandits have any insignia from such a cult her grandfather may have shown her?

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: LOL, He bolted round 1 when Gutter came around the corner. Had he did 2 points more damage i.e. 4 he would have killed the kobold, but I rolled a 2. Don't want to split the party, haha.

OOC: don't want to split the party during a city assault, no. Tina returns and says what she says above. (I have a bad habit of posting and then editing the post.)

TallIan

Explorer
"In that case, let's not stay here and wait for that kobold to come back with friends." says William. He looks through the door for anything the looters have left, then heads over and picks up the sack the kobold dropped.

OOC: Tina already picked up the sack.

"Do we go to the keep or to the church these bandits were talking about? I suspect the keep is safer and we should go there with the family we're protecting. But once there we should tell someone in charge about the bandits and the church." Tina says. "Let's get moving. The keep is over that way."

Remove ads