EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

"Excuse me," Tina follows after the guard. As he turns to look at her, she indicates he should keep walking as she says, "We saw what we thought were some looters at a house on the west road. Three humans working with a kobold. They mistook us for their fellows and told us we should meet up at the church to help 'the others', whatever that means. They also plan to surround the keep. Looters don't attack keeps. I think they were wearing the symbol of the Cult of the Dragon. After we killed them we headed straight here. How can we help?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
"The church? Oh no," the guard says watching the red haired dwarf move off. It looked like he was going to call after him, but then thought better of it. "Um... You should." he thought for a moment. "You should go see Lord Nighthill. He is on the walls. Tell him everything you know. Hurry."

Terry rushes to the steps for the walls telling anyone who tries to stop her she has urgent information for Lord Nighthill and asking which direction to go to finding him. After she finds him, she repeats what she told the dwarf.

TallIan

Explorer
William is about to go and find Lord Nighthill when Tina dashes off. Instead he stands there looking a little lost. Since his fall from grace he was never sure on etiquette, he had no noble title of his own and could no longer rely on his father's so did he have to announce himself?

Instead he decides to tell the guard, "I do know how to use this, indicating the sword, "Perhaps I can be off assistance?

EarlyBird

Explorer
On the wall...

Tina has Lord Nighthall pointed out to her and she advances on the man who is looking grimly out over the wall above the gates. She arrives just as he sighs and tells one of his men.

images (2).jpg "Close the gates, there are to many now to repel should they rush us." Hearing this the young barmaid turned adventurous looks out over the walls and sees what looks like close to a force a hundred strong starting to surround the keep. Most are coming from the north where the burning buildings still blaze in the darkness.

Her report seems to make the already sagging shoulders of Lord Nighthall fall even further. "Come with me," he orders the young woman before turning to a bowman on the wall and saying. "Send word to Escobert to meet me on the eastern walls."

The guard salutes and runs off.

In the courtyard...

The guard looks at William, "But are you any good with one of these?" he asks shaking the long bow he is holding. "If so you should report to the wall and be ready to shot down that dragon."

Gutter grunts he is good with his bow and looks towards the walls. The ranger nudges William and points up at the battlements. They both watch as Tina follows a richly dressed middle-aged man across the northern walls before both are out of sight, blocked by the huge towered keep.

OOC: If Tina sees William or Gutter, she waves for him to follow her. At which point she tells Lord Nighthall her companions are in the courtyard and the will also be of help.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Tina waves at the two men and they... (ooc: what do you wish to do TallIan?)

Lord Nighthill takes the walkway all the way around to the opposite side of the keep. As Tina follows they come up to a thin man (elf?) dressed in black robes, with gloved hands, and the shadows of his face obscured by a deep hood.

"My lord this is intolerable," a diffident elvish accent says holding back his anger. "I have done nothing wrong. Indeed I came to warn you, but due to your prejudices I am arrested before I was even granted an audience."

dwarf.jpg "You were outside our walls moments before the dragon and these bandits came howling through the hills," the dwarven castellan says coming up from behind Tina and Lord Nighthill. "Your not going to convince me that you came to warn us, to late, and that you weren't trying to get inside here to kill Lord Nighthill, assassin."

images (2).jpg "Now, now Escobert." Lord Nighthill says as he turns back to the dark clothed elf. "I'm sorry, but we had to be safe, and right now we don't have time to figure out if your telling the truth or not. You must understand I have people to save and protect, and you are an outsider."

Turning to the dwarf, "This young woman says they are going after the church next."

"They, are the Cult of the Dragon. And I know more about them than all of you, but you won't listen to me because my skin is darker than yours." the elf nearly spits, the man guarding him puts his hand on his sword hilt a bit nervously.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock=tglassy]
Xull’avin has been traveling on the surface for months. His first stop was Candlekeep, where he didn't get within five feet of the gates before he was turned away. Disgusted because he knew he could have found more information on the cult and maybe a few spells.

You went to Beregost and found out that the cult was headed for Greenest, and Talia was mentioned. After your secret encounter there you learned you might be able to infiltrate them, but opted for warning Greenest first.

Outside the gates of the keep the dwarf Escobert noticed your dark-skin and had you arrested on the spot. A few seconds later the dragon dived from the sky and started his attack.

Welcome to the game.[/sblock]

"He's right. I saw their black mantles. I've heard stories about the Cult of the Dragon and how they dress in them black mantles." Tina says. "I'm curious what the fellow here knows. My grandfather fought the Cult back in the day."

tglassy

Adventurer
“I am not a ‘Fellow’,” Xull’avin sniffs. “I am, or was, a wizard of Menzoberranzan. And I know a great many things, the first of which is that I have so far not seen what you surface...people see in living up here. There is no roof! There is no ceiling! What is stoping a great wind from just taking you into the -what do you call it?- the sky, lost forever?”

Remove ads