• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EB's Tyranny of Dragons - OOC (full)

EarlyBird

Explorer
I’ll have to tweak it a bit. Drow don’t really have “Loves Of their lives”. They have “the Drow female got horny and ordered the male to either her room or the closest orgy and he either submitted or was beaten to an inch of his life and taken anyway, unless the female was a priestess or god forbid a High priestess in which case he’d be turned into a Drider (half Drow, half Spider) for daring to disobey her.”

Now, Drow males often frequented brothels, and they would have Drow and half Drow females. But the males usually took that time to get their frustrations out on the girls, as in the rest of society males are fourth class citizens and a brothel is the only place they get any dominance.

You did say she was a half Drow, half human. She would be considered “not Drow”, and the word for any species that was not Drow is ibleth, which directly translates as offal, or crap. So she would be considered an ibleth to Drow society, and was likely a servant if she was pretty enough.

Now, the books did relate that Drow aren’t inherently evil, they are conditioned that was from birth. Drizzt managed to keep his moral compass through it all, escaping when he was around 30. Very young for a Drow, really still a teenager.

So for a Drow Noble to fall in love with a servant would have been...well, technically fine, if they played it like she was nothing more than a play thing to him. But the moment anyone, especially his mother, found out he cared for her more than as a toy, they would target her. His mother likely would have forced him to kill her. Either way, she would not have been sent o the surface. No one goes to the surface. Drow hate the surface.

It’s possible he joined up with Bregan D’aerth, a mercenary band of Drow males who flaunt society’s rules, but are too useful as spies and mercs to be gotten rid of. Their leader, Jarlaxle, is my favorite character in the Drizzt books. Very flamboyant, very anti Drow. He likes collecting outcast males, especially nobles.

So, if my character fell for a half Drow, and it was discovered, then Jarlaxle could have agreed to relocate her to the surface in exchange for his services. And then they get the letter 7 years later, a drop in the bucket since they’ll live over 700.

Mc too much backstory for a character who will likely die quickly, but most of it wrote itself from what I know of Drow society.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

I just was looking for a reason to get your character to adventure on the surface and link you into the game for a bit. Feel free to change up whatever you wish to make it more in the persona you are looking to play, I wasn't sure if you were going good drow/indifferent drow as an adventurer. lol

tglassy

Adventurer
He’ll be more on the good side. Very young, very new to Sorcere, the Drow magic academy, before joining Bregan D’aerth. He’s not very “nice”, and he has a tendency to think himself superior to other races, but he’s not overly cruel.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
Just an after holiday check in. For my part I have been looking through old Dragon Mags for a refresher on combat. Thinking of easing into it and not using everything there all at once, maybe adding to it as we go. Really you will just need to tell me what you wish to do for the round and I will let you know what you need to roll and if something are possible or have to wait till next round, etc.

I also have the first chapter monsters converted and ready. There were no ambush drakes in 1e lol. But the game will probably not start tll mid/end JAN.

Characters so far
jmucchiello - Ethina 'Tina' Stillwater, on the path to becoming a Bard
TallIan - unnamed fighter
tglassy - Xull’avin Xorlarrin, drow magic-user
jonathonhawke - unknown at this time

jonathonhawke you could fill two roles if you wish and be a half-elven Cleric/Rogue multiclasses are always fun. I had a Cleric/Ranger once who was a beast when he was 4 lvl Ranger/5th lvl Cleric I found the Dragon Mag that had the Method V rolls for dual class characters if your interested. If anyone is interested really.

I think that if we add to the characters a little each week we will be ready by the end of JAN. Until then if jmucchiello wants to try a little combat to work on the kinks I think that might be arrange able. Other could join in when their characters are ready.

TallIan

Explorer
Name: William Hookton
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Male Human
Effective Class: Fighter-1
Former Profession: xxxx Height: 6'4"
Weight: 192#
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Movement: 12"
Initiative: xxxxx
AC: xxxx
Hit Points: 6/6 xxxx
Strength: 18/22 To Hit: +1 Damage: +3 Weight Allowed: +1,000 Open Door: 1-3 BB/LG: 20%
Intelligence: 8 Additional Languages: 1
Wisdom: 13
Dexterity: 17 Reaction/Missile Adj: +2 AC Bonus: -3
Constitution: 11 HP Adj: 0 System Shock Survival: 75% Resurrection Survival: 80%
Charisma: 14 Max # Henchmen: 6 Loyalty Adj: +5% Reaction Adj: +10%
Comeliness: 8 xxxx

SAVING THROWS
Fighter-1 Paralyzation, Poison & Death Magic 14
Petrification & Polymorph 15
Rod, Staff & Wand 16
Breath Weapon 17
Spells 17

Armor Class
Fighter 1 10
10 9
11 8
12 7
13 6
14 5
15 4
16 3
17 2
18 1
19 0
20 -1
20 -2
20 -3
20 -4
20 -5
20 -6
21 -7
22 -8
23 -9
24 -10

Weapon

Features
Languages Spoken: Common, xxxx
Fighter
Level: 1 XP Earned: 0/2000 XP Bonus: +10%
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 4; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Level 4
Weapon Specialization: xxxx
Weapon Proficiencies: xxxx

Equipment
150 GP

History
William was the third son of a baron. His father was not particularly wealthy and so William's prospects for the future looked slim, he'd be lucky to be lord of a farmstead. When bickering between some other barons broke down into a minor war that threatened to annihilate the Hookton holdings, William's father gathered his three sons and laid out his plans to ensure that the family would continue. The eldest would hold the castle and support one side of the conflict, the second son would "slip away" with a small retinue and support the other, while William was sent out into the world to remain anonymous if both his older brothers should fail and make a name for himself before reclaiming his families rightful lands.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Some of the char there, I mostly wanted to get the story down, but thought I would start to put the character stats down as well.

Not quite as pretty as jm's, but I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to coding.

EarlyBird

Explorer
You could try quoting the one in the RG and fill in the spots that are different. Saves and To hit matrix would be the same

Story wise I have a hook for you if you wish.

[sblock=Hook]
Ontharr Frume, a crusading warrior and champion of good, is your friend and mentor. He has asked you to travel to Greenest in search of rumors of increasing dragon activity.[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
You could try quoting the one in the RG and fill in the spots that are different. Saves and To hit matrix would be the same

Story wise I have a hook for you if you wish.

[sblock=Hook]
Ontharr Frume, a crusading warrior and champion of good, is your friend and mentor. He has asked you to travel to Greenest in search of rumors of increasing dragon activity.[/sblock]

I did not think of quoting it, I'll try get that done soonish.

The hook could work - shortly after leaving home, William lands in some trouble and is helped out by Ontharr. Onthar become his mentor and sends William to look into this dragon activity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads