• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EB's Tyranny of Dragons - OOC (full)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Actually this game goes from the lower part of the sword coast all the way up past Waterdeep then heads east for a bit, then your in the sky for a while, then near the end you are operating out of Waterdeep. If that is any help.

That it goes all over is fine. I just want to know where we're starting. Making a Calishite origin that doesn't include how you made it to the sword coast wouldn't make sense.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Got a map here somewhere.

[sblock=Map]
red epic 2.jpg[/sblock]

The party starts in near Greenest(in the evening), so you could be on your way to CandleKeep or Baldur's Gate anywhere really and stopping at the small village. I had a hook ideal for you jmucchiello,

[sblock=Hook]Being the grandchild of a renowned dragon slayer is usually a good way to impress people, but just last week a gang of ruffians attacked you. You barely escaped with your life, but as you fled, the ruffians told you that the Cult of the Dragon never forgets and always avenges. You're hoping to lie low in a sleepy little town called Greenest until this blows over.
[/sblock]

Also want to ask if anyone wants to use non-weapon proficiencies from Dungeon and Wilderness survival guide??

EarlyBird

Explorer
You rolled for a fighter or barbarian (not sure which), I'm guessing you wish to go ranged warrior? Your stats are great as is I don't think that extra +1 will help to much, unless you know you'll miss targets by one a lot.

What are you thinking for your character? Fighter, then dual class into Thief? Specialize in bow? Hoping to roll a 100 for your exceptional strength then getting a big axe? lol Please let me know, so I can look into a hook for you.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Speaking of hooks here is one for you tglassy if you wish to use it (or expand on it).

[sblock]
The first love of your life was a half-elf(drow/human) named Talis. When you became an apprentice of ____, you found it harder and harder to find time for your childhood friend. It was heartbreaking when she finally left for the light of the surface world, but the night before her exodus was more magical than anything you have experienced in all your years of study. A strange letter arrived about two years ago (almost 7 since she left), from Talis....

I have been caught <ink smeared> a strange group of dragon worshippers.
The power they <ink smeared> is grand. Please find me.
I know that <ink smeared> your help <ink smeared> - Talis

Not knowing what to make of the note, you start researching into dragon cults and found that there is a Cult of the Dragon, that is bent on raising draco-lichs and using their help to rule the world. Discovering their most recent activity took months, but it has led you to the town of Greenest deep in the southern lands of the surface world.[/sblock]

Another long backstory, but I am getting them out of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen book, lol.
And here is an
RG
to put all these great characters in.

tglassy

Adventurer
I’ll have to tweak it a bit. Drow don’t really have “Loves Of their lives”. They have “the Drow female got horny and ordered the male to either her room or the closest orgy and he either submitted or was beaten to an inch of his life and taken anyway, unless the female was a priestess or god forbid a High priestess in which case he’d be turned into a Drider (half Drow, half Spider) for daring to disobey her.”

Now, Drow males often frequented brothels, and they would have Drow and half Drow females. But the males usually took that time to get their frustrations out on the girls, as in the rest of society males are fourth class citizens and a brothel is the only place they get any dominance.

You did say she was a half Drow, half human. She would be considered “not Drow”, and the word for any species that was not Drow is ibleth, which directly translates as offal, or crap. So she would be considered an ibleth to Drow society, and was likely a servant if she was pretty enough.

Now, the books did relate that Drow aren’t inherently evil, they are conditioned that was from birth. Drizzt managed to keep his moral compass through it all, escaping when he was around 30. Very young for a Drow, really still a teenager.

So for a Drow Noble to fall in love with a servant would have been...well, technically fine, if they played it like she was nothing more than a play thing to him. But the moment anyone, especially his mother, found out he cared for her more than as a toy, they would target her. His mother likely would have forced him to kill her. Either way, she would not have been sent o the surface. No one goes to the surface. Drow hate the surface.

It’s possible he joined up with Bregan D’aerth, a mercenary band of Drow males who flaunt society’s rules, but are too useful as spies and mercs to be gotten rid of. Their leader, Jarlaxle, is my favorite character in the Drizzt books. Very flamboyant, very anti Drow. He likes collecting outcast males, especially nobles.

So, if my character fell for a half Drow, and it was discovered, then Jarlaxle could have agreed to relocate her to the surface in exchange for his services. And then they get the letter 7 years later, a drop in the bucket since they’ll live over 700.

Mc too much backstory for a character who will likely die quickly, but most of it wrote itself from what I know of Drow society.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

TallIan

Explorer
You rolled for a fighter or barbarian (not sure which), I'm guessing you wish to go ranged warrior? Your stats are great as is I don't think that extra +1 will help to much, unless you know you'll miss targets by one a lot.

What are you thinking for your character? Fighter, then dual class into Thief? Specialize in bow? Hoping to roll a 100 for your exceptional strength then getting a big axe? lol Please let me know, so I can look into a hook for you.

I rolled a fighter. I have an image of an armoured knight wielding a two handed sword - hence the childish profanity about DEX and CON. I was thinking a knight errant type of thing.

I'll see how the exceptional strength roll goes before committing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Remove ads