Echo is damn good, like almost too good for Marvel

I won't spoil it, but the action is flawlessly good, the plot is engrossing, the relationships deep and meaningful, its a lot more serious then other marvel stuff, a few funny moments, but like 97% serious.

The use of sounds and silence was absolutely brilliant.

Home run. Shame so many folks prejudged it, assume it'd be more of the sake Marvel, its very much not, doesn't even feel like a Superhero show most of the time. Themes Rage, family, love, community, the trap of crime, and more but I don't want to spoil it.

pukunui

Legend
Absolutely and wholeheartedly agree. Echo is easily among the best of the MCU for a whole variety of reasons. I stayed up late to binge the whole thing, and it was very much worth it.

pukunui

Legend
I honestly wasn't going to watch anything Disney/Marvel again, but you have intrigued me.

Will check it out soon! 🤘
I'll just add that I think the trailer does the show a real disservice by making it look like it's all about the punching and kicking and bloody knuckles. It's not. There's a lot more to it than that, including some interesting supernatural / historical / cultural stuff. Also just some really great character moments.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Just watched the last episode (credits are still playing) and it was awesome, the exploration of relationships, the cultural elements, and the cycle of crime were all well integrated, the action was dynamic but remained grounded And the resolution was fitting.
interesting to see the post credit scene setting up the Kingpins place in the future of Street level MCU

Last edited:

Just watched the last episode (credits are still playing) and it was awesome, the exploration of relationships, the cultural elements, and the cycle of crime were all well integrated, the action was dynamic but remained grounded And the resolutiin was fitting.
interesting to see the post credit scene setting up the Kingpins place in thd future of Street level MCU

Oops forgot about watching the post credits scene, thanks.

Edit: okay all caught up now, thanks.

Remove ads