• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Echoes of Empire IC

Sniktch

First Post
Krasslik holds his body rigid and unmoving as he watches the meeting play out. He tenses and readies to pounce should matters take a turn for the worse...

Gurdjieff

First Post
"The box gave me and me friends quite some nightmares on the way here, and we are sure wanna know what's in it!"

A smile appears on Endor face, making sure the wizard nor the ogres take it as a command, rather a burst of excitment.

Kamard

First Post
Mingol's ogre takes the box, and Mingol raises one hand slowly and quietly.

"I do not... know what my compatriot told you about the..this box, but it was no doubt a lie. The box contains a...a devil of some sort, no doubt. He thinks me to be a fool."

"He thinks many things.... things like 'Mingol will foolishly open this box.' He is incorrect. I have no intentions on opening the box. I will bring... it to the Maw and give it to Sekhmeret... He will find use for it."

Mingol sounds like he is coughing, but after a moment you realize it is a laugh... or would be were he twenty years younger.

"In any case, as I said. I've plans to lay, and counterplans. Fangolfen no doubt lured you to his aid on his reputation alone... there are things at work these days. Things that a group of such varied talent, and more importantly, a group who is composed of unknowns...would be very helpful to a wizard's plans... as Fangolfen no doubt hoped."

Again, the coughing. Mingol's ogre has returned, and Mingol has the ogre sit him upright. Mingol seems barely able to sustain this position.

"Now, there is the order of payment. I own.. many... things, such as properties here and afar, and many items of varying worth. I am also an accomplished... scroll and potion maker. Finally, I know many things, and know more who know other varied things. If you aid me in my goals, I can aid you... in yours."

All I have could be yours, if you allow me to be your patron for a time. I need a hale group such as yourselves for my current... machinations. Who knows... I could find use for you later as well."

"Or... you can leave now, and leave the affairs of your betters, and clear hope for power, behind... heh. Choices, choices."

Mingol looks you all over shrewdly, gauging your level of interest.

Sniktch

First Post
Krasslik thinks that he has had quite enough of the affairs of wizards and remains hidden, waiting to see what his companions will do.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I can see that there would be advantages to working for you. But I would need a show of faith from you that what I do be doing would be for the good of all people. J feels trapped. He would much rather have disposed of the box than be involved with this wizened human.

Gurdjieff

First Post
[OoC: Can Endor detect any lies or second intentions in the wizard's words? Sense Motive untrained +3 if possible]

Endor frowns and strokes his beard.
"Not an easy choice ye give us here Lord... Can ye give us some time to go over this together?"

Kamard

First Post
Venus said:
[OoC: Can Endor detect any lies or second intentions in the wizard's words? Sense Motive untrained +3 if possible]

The man seems genuinely interesting in you serving him, but he also seems to have ulterior motives. Don't we all.

Venus said:

"Not an easy choice ye give us here Lord... Can ye give us some time to go over this together?"

"Ahh, yes of course... I hadn't thought of that...hmm. I promise I will not scry this room, while you decide."

He smirks as the ogre lifts him, and together he, the ogre, and the two guards exit through the door they entered.

Krug

Newshound
Arask snarls, "So we serve him until we are dead? Or does he expect a few heads of chicken to be our reward?"

"I say we hear the duty before we proceed, AND we ask for an advance!"

Eshrin Syn

"I don't like or trust the wizard. If we are to be working for him, i want to know what he would have us do. I will not further disgrace my self or the Skaven race by going into the servace of some immoral old wizard."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Alu twitched nervously.The possibility for great wealth loomed, yet serving and slaving for another with possibly Evil motives reminded him of the Pits, and That, he wanted to avoid.'I say we hear the Wizard out, but I will not serve in the Cause of Evil willingly.'

Remove ads