• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Echoes of Empire IC

Sniktch

First Post
OOC: Good deal Kamard. It'll be good to have you back :)

"I think we should jussst be rid of it! But I will defer to Ssseer Arasssk'sss judgement in thisss arcane matter."

Krug

Newshound
"I fear I cannot tell exactly what sort of ward has been placed on the chest," sighs Arask. "Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Lets hurry and deliver and be done with it."

Kamard

First Post
You continue along your route, hurrying at a much quicker pace, now that you have some fear and loathing of the poor box that you were meant to deliver... soon enough, your route brings you to the filthy burg of Archport, dominated by the great ruins of the Aqueduct that once passed through this city, giving it its name. Having crude instructions to the wizard's abode, you make your way around the huts and dilapidated shacks that make up the majority of the city, to a squat tower that huddles in the shadow of the Arch.

At the gate is a hunched, yellow-skinned being in black robes, clutching a worn, rusted halberd. It seems it was probably a hobgoblin, perhaps in a past life. It now has cat slit eyes and talons that you would swear are made of iron...

"Greetings, visitors. You are expected. Welcome to Mingol's Tower. I am Dorgard. You may enter if you wish, and break fast... there is food laid out for you in the entry chamber. I believe Mingol also has words for you."

Sniktch

First Post
Krasslik speaks

"Ssso clossse to our goal I would prefer not to tarry - we sshould deliver the box firssst before eating."

Krug

Newshound
Arask says "But I am hungry. Lets look at the food first. We are seeing death in every shadow. We shall see the meal. I am peckish."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Alu perks up at the mention of food.'Yes, food would be good...eat first, deliver box second.'
Thinking for a moment, Alu shrugs, signaling that either decision is OK with him.

Kamard

First Post
Dorgard leads you into an octagonal chamber with the door in the south. Against six of the seven other walls, there are round tables, with breads, cheeses, and various fruits. In the center of the room, there is a larger table with various meats and the majority of some sort of pie. Directly across from you is a large marble door.

There are cushioned stools and a divan in the room for those who wish to sit, and there is a chess-like game and dice nestled among one of the tables.

"Mingol is currently finishing up a spell related to the box... he will be down as soon as he can. I am needed at the front gate. If you need anything, just clap... the house knows."

Dorgard then excuses himself and goes back to the gate.

Remove ads