• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Echoes of Empire IC

Krug

Newshound
Arask slobbers over the spread meats. "Oh... just a bite... just..."
Her nose approaches the proferred food. "Surely... it must be safe?" Her face is practically whining.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"J has a point mate, the food will taste much better without the burden of the box resting on our shoulders. Let's get it over with."

Eshrin Syn

"I would say we should be eating while we can, the wizard will not be claiming his box entill he's done with whatever he be doing." Eshrin walks over to some of the food and carefully sniffs at it before cautiously taking a very small bite.

Sniktch

First Post
"Thisss whole affair ssstinksss. I will not touch the wizard'sss food."

Krasslik looks around. Are there any good crannies he can attempt to squeeze into? If he sees a likely hiding spot he's going to move into it and keep his eye on things.

OOC: taking a '20' if possible on the Hide check

Kamard

First Post
You can easily hide under the tables out of sight and out of mind. The food is plain and unspiced- the sort of thing you feed acquaintances you don't feel like you need to impress.

After about twenty minutes of uncomfortable waiting, the door in the far wall opens, and two armed warriors step through. Each is armed with a scimitar and a small spiked shield, and each wears knobbed and cruelly spiked armour. They are scarred and seem extremely suspicious. Directly behind them stoops an ogre, carrying an extremely thin and elderly man in a plain linen wrap. A scarab-shaped amulet is tied around his head, resting on his forehead, and he is covered in old, faded runic tattoos. His milky, staring eyes look at each of you in turn (except Krasslik), and he moves a finger slightly, prompting the ogre to gently lay him down on the padded divan. The old man closes his eyes and mumbles under his breath, seeming to gather his strength to speak.

"G....greetings, friends. I...I am... I am Mingol. Mingol the Conjuror, Wizard of Archport. I welcome.... welcome you to my abode, and trust you sampled the food. It is not poisoned, though it was brought about through magic, in... in case any of you tried to... test it."

Mingol again looks at you all, squinting as if to look through you. He seems distasteful of Guar (who I believe was let inside, unless Endor says otherwise) but says nothing.

"You have... a package for me, I believe. Please place it on the floor near my....my manservant. He will take it to my qu... qu....quarters. Then I will...have words with you. Answer questions.... propose plans. Yes?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
J takes the box to the Ogre. Meaning no disrespect elder but what is in the box? We have not opened it as we were asked not to but the temptation was great. I for one think there is something strange going on here and do not enjoy this mission.

Krug

Newshound
"We hope your reward for our delivering this box is worth the troubles," says Arask. "We have braved great trials to bring it to you."

Remove ads