• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Echoes of Empire IC

Kamard

First Post
OOC: I am going to presume that Morningstar/James Savage bowed out of this game without saying anything, as he has never posted to this thread at all. Oh well. Six is more manageable than 7 anyway.

The dwarf stands up and brushes himself off.

"Aye, we be needin' some help, sure! We threw a wheel and this is as far as we could drag it... We were trying to get out of sight of the travellers that were going the other way, your way. They looked like a rough lot. All bristling with weapons, like yourselfs, master Rats, and masters Dwarf and Elf. Though of a much more rank disposition. Couple o' hobs amongst them."

The rider moves up alongside and eyes you suspiciously. Embroidered on the front of his tabard is a mailed fist grasping an arrow. He says nothing, but he looks you over warily, especially the Skaven.

"My name be Eribor o' Archport. I bring liquor upcountry in return for coal and steel. The man yet working on the cart is my servant, Paul, and this man here *he points to the rider* is my bodyguard Kresmos. He's not cheap, so I expect him to be able to protect me!"

The dwarf guffaws loudly.

"Well, I don't know how well Michaelson's Spring 1246 Red sounds to you, but I'll give the six of you 3 bottles if you can help me hold up the wagon while Paul switches out the wheel."

Last edited:

Kamard

First Post
Re: Eshrin Syn

Sir Osis of Liver said:
"I will do all i can to help you, sir. As a humble servant of Moradin, i feal it be my duty, no payment is nessasary."

"Yer a servant of the Forge Father?"

Eribor eyes you dubiously.

"Well, the First Smith works in strange ways, I suppose. And perhaps you were meant to come along and help. Whether you need a bottle o' grog or not, you'll get it, or else I'll pour it on the ground as thanks, and I doubt the rest o' your group'll be so quick to deny their palates a bit of red wine."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"I'll help ye with ye cart!"

Endor walks up to the car, waiting for the signal to lift it. Guar is still guarding the group, he will howl if anyone pulls out a weapon or if anyone new is coming close to the group.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Alustarimm takes a position at the cart's side and lifts whenever the others are ready.
'I like Wine, red wine goes good with Chocolates.'
Alu salivates, thinking of red wine with one of his Elvish sweets, wishing the others would hurry up so that they could recieve their payment.

Krug

Newshound
Arask watches the others lift the wagon. "Surely you don't expect me to dirty my hands with that," she says.

Kamard

First Post
Eribor looks towards Arask from his spot on the end of the wagon, where he is doubled over underneath helping to support the bottom.

"Well, help or not. Yer portion can be dumped when we're done just as well as good Sir Rat's can. Looks like the rest of you might be down to two bottles of the red."

He scowls and redoubles his effort.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"C'mon Arask, don't get lazy now, ye hear! If we all help these unlucky travellers we can enjoy some nice booze!"

Endor is still helping. He asks:

"Could ya tell me some more 'bout these travellers which you spoke of earlier, Sir Eribor? They wouldn't happen to be going to Archport I hope?"

Kamard

First Post
Venus said:
Could ya tell me some more 'bout these travellers which you spoke of earlier, Sir Eribor? They wouldn't happen to be going to Archport I hope?"

Eribor groans under the weight, but manages to speak.

"Aye, it did seem as much. There were five of them. Two hobs, two dwarves, and a man. All wore chain shirts, and all carried shields with a funny looking device on them. I've never seen it, and I've seen many of the devices used in heraldry, at least around these parts. This one looked like a triangle, pointing down, red on a black field. Just that, a plain red triangle. Whoever heard of such?

Anywho, the two dwarves were armed with longswords and maces, the two hobs with some kind of polearm- halberds, I think, though I might be wrong, and they similarly had maces at sides. The man carried one of them funny spiked chains you see the gladia..... you see folks use once in a while. I didn't see a weapon he could use with his shield, but perhaps he had one hidden. They wore cloaks as well, same design on em as the shields.

All of em were covered head to toe in scars. One of the hobs was missing an eye. They seemed roughshod at best- armour was rusty, shields dinged up, weapons rusty as well. And I could smell them before I saw them... well, not quite, but they certainly weren't my idea of dinner guests.

Granted, four rats, an elf, and a dwarf also seem a strange group, but at least you seem more apt the sort to help a fellow out, rather than slit his throat and leave him unburied for the crows."

Eribor shudders a little at this.

Paul looks up from his work on the wheel, and calls out "it's done, I've switched wheels."

And Eribor breathes a sigh of relief.

"Well boys, lets set her down then!"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads