Eco-Terrorists

MythandLore

First Post
AFGNCAAP said:
How about lycanthropes? Maybe even elementals for that mass-destruction possibility?
Good call, elementals are always good for that.
The npcs could even be half-elementals if you wanted to.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
MythandLore, thanks for the info, but stay calm, ok?

This goes for everyone else as well, of course.

- Darkness

MythandLore

First Post
reapersaurus said:
god forbid, someone try to get their personal feelings across on a subject, along with his entry to the subject... :rolleyes:
Thanks Reap.
As if you can tell how calm a person is from the way they type.
But I guess they have electronic emotion radar in the "Old World". :)

Chris Coulter

First Post
Re: Re: Eco-Terrorists

MythandLore said:

Don't call them Eco-Terrorists!!!
Eco-Terrorists is a very very bad term, created by jackass bastards!
An Eco-Terrorist would be someone who Terrorizes Nature.
They are Saboteurs on the side of nature or Vandels on the side of nature.

I disagree. They could be (and likely will be) Eco-Terrorists.
They can use the ecology to bring terror to their enemies, be they the exploitive upper class, or the bartender who wouldn't let the groups most powerful ranger into his bar because he wouldn't be parted from his wolf animal companion.

They haven't killed people, they don't assassinate the bastards that destroy nature, so people shouldn't put them in the catagory with Osama, they don't deserive that.

While your assumption about how they will act, and the limits they might take their beliefs to is a very modern one, I think they would make better villains in this, a fantasy setting, if they took a more destructive route. It's a sad fact that D&D has few provisions for reasoning with the bad guys and having them see the error of their ways (short of cold steel and magical fire...).

Stupid for destroying people's propertys? Yes.
But murders of the Masses? No.
The term Eco-Terrorist is just the invention of the same people that told you, "Not only is it okay to breath DDT, it's good for you." and "There's no Global warming, it's just natures way making the most animals extinct since the time of the dinosaurs" and "It's okay to destroy the rainforests and polute the ocean, there's plenty more."

-Ahem- Okay now...

Of course, the people (modern, Earth) that you're talking about aren't Eco-Terrorists, so the problem solves it self.

I was toying with the image of a sect of Druid/Rangers riding out of the forests to spill the blood of those who had wronged them, riding on the backs of giant stags that tore men apart with their antlers. Perhaps an Infrenal connection? Maybe the elemental link is better, so they can still think of themselves as righteous. You might also want to look at the wood elemental template in Manual of the Planes, as it could have wide use to you.

Beware the Children of the Fallen Leaf, who take the lives of those who might resist natures reign.

MythandLore

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Eco-Terrorists

Chris Coulter said:
Of course, the people (modern, Earth) that you're talking about aren't Eco-Terrorists, so the problem solves it self.

I was toying with the image of a sect of Druid/Rangers riding out of the forests to spill the blood of those who had wronged them, riding on the backs of giant stags that tore men apart with their antlers. Perhaps an Infrenal connection? Maybe the elemental link is better, so they can still think of themselves as righteous. You might also want to look at the wood elemental template in Manual of the Planes, as it could have wide use to you.

Beware the Children of the Fallen Leaf, who take the lives of those who might resist natures reign.
I'm glad you can see I was refuring too, the real life ones. :)
The RPG ones can be what ever, you know?
It's you world, it's your idea.

Children of the Fallen Leaf sounds cool to me.
There are a lot of diffrent things you can do, they all have lots of potential.
The only problem I see is that the "halfers" or "feindish/elemental" is that they are outsiders instead of animals, etc so animal compainon wont work with them for druids you know what I mean?
But they could be willing to help them just to help you know what I mean?
Most of those templete creatures get some kind of Int stat bonuses so they could just help to "Do some damage, inflict some pain."
However you use them, they sound like interesting bad guys for a game.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
MythandLore said:

Thanks Reap.
As if you can tell how calm a person is from the way they type.
But I guess they have electronic emotion radar in the "Old World". :)
Yeah, they call them "people who e-mail a moderator since they are bothered." :D

Myself, I don't understand why someone is bothered about what you wrote, either; it certainly can't be because of the "jackass bastards" or the multiple exclamation marks, at least. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Paladin

Explorer
The best animal for poison delivery: the poison dart frog.

I'd awaken a group of them (6) and set them loose on the enemy. I don't know if there are any stats for them in 3E, but IRL these little suckers can drop anyone with one touch. I'd say a Fortitude save of about DC 40 or death. Extremely, extremely dangerous little things.

Remove ads