Eco-Terrorists

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
and What if the Eco-Mob are PCs fighting against Society not evil but driven by the cause!

No undead - Druids just don't like the unnaturalness of that ilk.

Lycanthorpes good - especially if their Garou (what about a group of Garou PCs)

Lammusa - what if the whole scheme is overseen by the Great Sphinx (Lammusa god)
Animals with Ranger levels and Barbarian levels

Animal PCs

Druids with Awakened vermin companions

Elementals yes but not as PCs

Poison delivery = hornets

Tyrion

First Post
Thanks for the excellent ideas...you people are truly devilish!

I am fond of the idea of destroying cities by overrunning them with Plant Growth...instead of levelling a village and being left with a barren wasteland, you've got instant nature.

I also especially like the poison dart frog idea...looks like my PCs will soon wake to find cute little croaking frogs jumping all over their bedrolls. :D

Paladin

Explorer
Tyrion said:
I also especially like the poison dart frog idea...looks like my PCs will soon wake to find cute little croaking frogs jumping all over their bedrolls. :D

I probably shouldn't mention having NPCs put the poison dart frogs in the PC's boots or gloves then. I absolutely should not mention rubbing a poison dart frog all over the PC's weapon handles. Nope, I shouldn't mention that.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
If you want some low level tactics to use against a village, I can think of none nastier than those devised by my own players*:

Sneak up to the edge of a village at night. Have the various ranger types get prepared around the perimeter with their bows.

The druid drops several Entangles in the area (the area of effect is huge - as mentioned before, higher level rangers can use Enlarged Entangles). Then he casts Flaming Sphere on top of a house (this assumes thatched or wooden shingled roofs). The sphere can then jump from rooftop to rooftop, setting them afire as it goes.

The inhabitants of the village get a choice: Stay inside and die as the house burns down or run outside and get entangled.

People in their nightshirts being held by vines make easy targets for the rangers. The rangers shouldn't even have problems seeing them. Burning house will illuminate the area quite well.

*Please note that my players are not the most evil people ever. This tactic was used against a village of Gnolls who were known killers.

Hejdun

First Post
Alternate Idea...

Simple, get them with fear and have someone else kill them off. Let their reputations be sullied before they are killed.

Get a group of druids. One day, cast control weather, and have a group of druids cast call Lightning. Have this in the middle of the night. So, suddenly, a storm comes up and a whole bunch of lightning bolts destroy key buildings, inns, town halls, churches, etc. Wreck havoc on the town. Try to piss off as many people as possible. Then, let the propoganda do the work. Let word get out that the druids are targetting the PCs. And that as soon as the PCs leave, the town will be salvaged. After a few nights of never ending lightning strikes and burning buildings, the town's people will force the PCs out. And they will have a horrible reputation as well. No town will want to have the PCs in it. They will become outcasts. They will have a very hard time doing anything with civilization. Even if they do kill the druids, they will still have a black cloud (pardon the pun) over their reputations.

Olive

Explorer
in an issue of polyhedron, maybe one or two before the merger, there was an article with a PrC called th deepwood Avanger and a template called beast of hate and fire, or something liek that. it was about driuds with a similar kinda deal to the one you're talking about...

Remove ads