Eco-Terrorists

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Paladin said:
The best animal for poison delivery: the poison dart frog.

I'm not sure I agree. How are those little suckers going to manage the blowguns with their little teeny tiny arms? They'd just tip right over. And I hardly think a frog could throw poison darts at PCs. You should consider this sort of logistical stuff before posting, I'm telling ya.

Back in 2E I had an elven, druidic vampire. He could shape shift into a raven, and would command a flock of ravens to bombard the party, like in Hitchcock's The Birds. He'd be in there too... and suddenly, as one of dozens of birds would run into you, you'd lose two levels.... :)

In 3e you want your druids to have wands of plant growth. You can immobilize an entire city in a short amount of time merely by creating impassable vegetation that overgrows the buildings.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Piratecat said:

In 3e you want your druids to have wands of plant growth. You can immobilize an entire city in a short amount of time merely by creating impassable vegetation that overgrows the buildings.

Ooooooo! Another toy for the Druid's of Khirdet! ;)

EricNoah

Adventurer
Here's the poison delivery system I'm using for my game, probably won't work for you but...

I'm using stirges. Not just regular stirges, but souped up stirges. They have both the fiendish template and the Beast of Xvim template (the latter provides poison immunity). Their beaks will be dipped in poison and they'll be sent off to assassinate someone special. And with their attacks being touch attacks ... the fun never stops!

Paladin

Explorer
Piratecat said:

I'm not sure I agree. How are those little suckers going to manage the blowguns with their little teeny tiny arms? They'd just tip right over. And I hardly think a frog could throw poison darts at PCs. You should consider this sort of logistical stuff before posting, I'm telling ya.

Okay, you got me, bad logistics ;-) It probably would be cost prohibitive to make them fine-sized blowguns they could handle, and their range would be very limited. Not to mention the obligatory war paint, very time-consuming indeed.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
EricNoah said:
I'm using stirges. Not just regular stirges, but souped up stirges. They have both the fiendish template and the Beast of Xvim template (the latter provides poison immunity). Their beaks will be dipped in poison and they'll be sent off to assassinate someone special. And with their attacks being touch attacks ... the fun never stops!

You, Mr. Noah, are a bad bad man. Shame on you. Shame! :D That's nasty.

Holy Bovine

First Post
And when PC says you bad you know you're not just your regular stealing-candy-from-the-local-KwikEMart-kind of bad either.

You just plain nasty ;)

BTW where is the Beast of Xim template?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
EricNoah said:
Here's the poison delivery system I'm using for my game, probably won't work for you but...

I once planned an adventure about a supposed vampire infestation of a small rural community in the Realms (e.g., Red Larch, or some place in the Dales) - but the real culprit was a villain (a cleric, maybe? It's been a while :p) and his pet stirges. :)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Tyrion said:

* Druid who harnesses the primal destructive forces of nature...Flamestrike, Creeping Doom, etc. will be staples. What other fitting and powerful spells could you recommend?

Extended, enlarged Entangle, followed by control weather and call lightning :D

Rav

Remove ads