Edena_of_Neith to the IR

Timothy

First Post
Unfortanutly (spelling wrong, I'm sleepy) That doesn't work, even if I search for the word forgotten, it comes up with no results, which seems VERY wrong. Maybe it's because it is a scanned-in .pdf that doesn't recognize any words. In that case I don't suppose ther is any way to transfer it to recognizable words.

Anyway, Off to bed, like I said.

Timothy

First Post
Hye Janos, thanks! I shouldve known I could find them under creator races, And my copy of MoF (.pdf) doesn't work.

William, I indeed visted all your links, and decided to use that one as well, i'm just figuring out a way I can keep track of whop owns what.

William Ronald

Explorer
Glad to help, Timothy.

Edena has listed where things stand in some of the threads.

Serpenteye, thanks for doing the map. I think it will help greatly.

If anyone wants to join in the IR, just stop by the thread and post. Especially IR veterans. Heck, just stop in to say hello.

If anyone wants to post any links to the Maps and Other Campaign Resources thread, please do so. (Remember, we have more fun when we help each other out.)

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
When Calculating Zakhara's PL

This is a list of factors taken into consideration to form the PL of a region.

I will list it per Major Area/Group of Cities/City state in Zakhara. I don't work very fast, so this could take a while.

Zakhara Major regions (According to Lyndon Baugh in the Al-Qadim Netbook, numbers taken from official 2nd edition TSR book the Land of Fate)

The 27 listed cities range from Huzuz with 800,000 (plus seasonal traders and pilgrims) down to Hawa and Qadib with 50,000 each. The total urban population of these is 4,570,000.

The 4 cities of the Heart contains 1,550,000 souls, and both the largest and second largest city (Hiyal, City of Intrigue has 600,000+ maybe 300,000 more beggars and transients).

The North comes second with 1,100,000 in its 8 cities. This was surprising, as I had thought of it as a frontier. The fortress city of Qudra, with 500,000, distorts these, but the other 7 cities range from two small "specialized" cities of 50,000 each (Hawa, City of Chaos and corsairs, and Qadib, City of Wands), on up to two at 120,000 each.
Note: In my IC post I make a difference between Hawa, city of chaos and corsairs, which represents the Corsair domains, the 6 free cities and Qudra, as separate areasQudra is incongruously large, but that probably because of being in addition to a great trading city with the rest of Zakhara over the isthmus, it is a fortress funded by the south. Without Mamluks, and all those myriad shops and shipwrights and suppliers to Mamluks it would probably be half its size.

The six cities of the Pantheon (five original plus one sullen conquest) total 800,000 and range from 70,000 to 250,000.(the capitol of the league).

The five Cities of the Pearl total 780,000, ranging from Sikak's 60,000 (with a gnome Caliph) and 70,000 in the frontier city of Ajayib (with the first enlightened mosque less than a generation old) up to 300,000 in the city of multitudes.

The 4 "Cities of the Ancients" hold 410,000. While 130,000 are in Medina Al-Afyal, which goes back almost as far as any enlightened city, Rogo'osto has pre-human ruins, and Kadarasto's Beys have strong pre-enlightenment sympathies. Dihliz however, which is scarcely a century old, is up to 80,000 people demonstrating there is considerable vigor in the area.

I will only take in to account the population that resides in the cities, But the numbers given might very well represent all of the people living in Zakhara because TSR might have placed all the people in a certain region under the control of one of the 27 city states.

I will try to get the entire info on the cities on the north first.

THE CORSAIR DOMAINS

Population: 50000 (This number i probably a lot greater, because this only takes into account one settlement instead of the entire archipelago of small islands with villages and hideouts that this region is.)
Intelligence: 10
Leadership: 5 (Most villages are led by retired Corsairs who , if united would make a great leadership.)
Political Cohesion: 4 (The only thing these people have in common is that they are all corsairs, but there is frequent infighting)
International Political Influence: 3 (At the moment there is no will for the people to make a difference in the world)
Military Strength: 8 (All of these Corsairs combined would make a great Armada with a very well trained army)
Magical Strength: 6 (This area probably has a bit less wizards because of its chaotic nature)
Economic Strength: 8 (Trade is performed on a wide scale, although some might find it illegal trade)
CR Factor: 2 (The base race are humans, CR 1+1)

THE FREE CITIES

Population: 550.000
Leadership: 5 (Citizens of these cities value their individual freedom)
Political Cohesion: 5 (These cities perform well on their own but can make alliances with each other)
International Political Influence: 4 (these cities are not very influential)
Military Strength: 7 (Some of these cities specialize in military, while others neglect it, it balances out.)
Magical Strength: 8 (Magical Strength is average in most of the cities, but one of the cities, the city of wands is inhabited by a lot of sorcerors and elemental wizards.)
Economic Strength: 7 (nothing special)
CR Factor: 1+1 = 2

QUDRA, CITY OF POWER

Population: 500.000
Leadership: 9 (The city ruler is chosen by a council of generals, which means a lot in a city that values military as much as Qudra)
Political Cohesion: 9 (This city acts strongly as a unity)
International Political Influence: 9 (Due to it's military strength is has respect from other city-states and uses that respect too)
Military Strength: 11 (This city has the best Military, especially defense in the form of their great city walls, on the continent of Zakhara)
Magical Strength: 6 (Because of it's havey military focus it has slightly less wizards.)
Economic Strength: 8 (this city trades a great deal.)

THE COMBINED CITIES OF THE NORTH
The three areas above taken together

Population: 110000
Leadership: 7 (The leadership of Qudra effects this score heavily, but the poor leadership of the other parts pull it down)
Political Cohesion: 4 (These cites have very little in common)
International Political Influence: 8 (The combined cities are a force to be reckoned with in Zakhara)
Military Strength: 10 (With the combined military, the Army of the North has great strength and versatility)
Magical Strength: 7 (The average of all the cities)
Economic Strength: 8 (The different cities can cover different aspects of economy)

Leadership:
Political Cohesion:
International Political Influence:
Military Strength:
Magical Strength:
Economic Strength:
all of these are rated 2-12, on the above scale, all info can be found in GD, This Thread
2 = Abyssal
3 = Awful
4 = Very Poor
5 = Poor
6 = Below Average
7 = Average
8 = Above Average
9 = Strong
10 = Very Strong
11 = Incredibly Great
12 = Superpowerful

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Timothy,

Good work. However, Edena is using a system like the 3rd IR.

Edena of Neith wrote:

TO BUGBEAR, INEZ, LICHTENHART, KALANYR, TIMOTHY, TOKIWONG, VENUS, AND WILLIAM (AND MR. DRACO IF APPLICABLE)

I need each of you to select from the assorted powers within the Dauntless and the Free Nations of Faerun.
I am dividing control of these two great powers up amongst all of you.
The roster of nations and peoples within the Dauntless and the Free Nations has already been put up: choose amongst yourselves which powers you wish to take.

IN ADDITION:

The cities of the Moonsea are allying for mutual protection.
Zhentil Keep, Melvaunt, Hillsfar, Mulmaster, are forming the Moonsea League.
Someone is free to claim this power, who does not already control a power.

Cormyr, Sembia, the Dalelands, the Knights of Myth Drannor, the elves of Cormanthor, and the dwarven and elven kingdoms of the Vast are all allying.
They are calling themselves the Free Peoples.
Someone is free to claim this power, who does not already control a power.

FURTHERMORE:

I recommend that Venus be allowed to take control of the Dwarves of the North, Dwarves of the Old South, and Dwarves of the Great Rift.

I recommend Lichtenhart be allowed to take control of the Metallic Dragons of Faerun, the Gem Dragons of Faerun, and the Faerie of Faerun.

I recommend that Inez be given control of the Sharn.

However, it is up to you.

- - -

Festy Dog, you are now in control of Candlekeep. Please remember that Candlekeep holds a secret army of colossal size and magical power.
Candlekeep is as powerful as Halruaa.

I believe that I should control Waterdeep (where my character has been working from) and adjacent areas such as the Silver Marches. We need to divide up different powers.

I am prepared to work with those players who are running characters of like mind to my own and my current allies. If Edena permits, there may be some shared powers, like the Union of Worlds was in the 3rd IR. (This may help people with limited time.)

Here are some thoughts to help people while I am off line.

Inez, I know little of your character or the character's motives. I think you might want to claim allies of the Sharn and factions similar to your character's alignment and motivations. (As I am unsure of either, I can't help much.)

Timothy, if you want, maybe your Zakharan character can rise to power in a coastal nation.

I will be off line for a few hours. However, you can e-mail me at williamwronald@aol.com. If you have any questions about factions, or any general questions, please contact me. I feel that we should all help each other and Edena to ensure everyone has fun.

Last edited:

Remove ads