Editable Character Sheets (preferably HTML)

jhkim

Explorer
Hi,

So I'm trying out D&D, and I've tried PCGen but I find it a bit frustrating. At this point, I just want a nice-looking character sheet which I can directly edit to fill in the values. I don't want it to try to handle the rules for me -- I just want to write in what I've got.

So my requirements are:
1) Looks reasonably nice and fits all the important stuff on the front page.
2) Editable without buying expensive commercial software.
3) Doesn't try to manage my calculations for me

My ideal would be a nice HTML sheet, kind of like the HTML sheets I made for Blue Rose (cf. http://www.darkshire.net/~jhkim/rpg/bluerose/chars/index.html ). Surely someone has something like this? I started with the HTML templates from PCGen, but I'm not satisfied with how they come out.

- John

IronWolf

blank
You could try some of the 3eProfiler sheets. They are hosted on a web server, but the code is open source now so you can install it on your own server or use one of the sites still hosting character sheets.

If you haven't completely ruled out PDF you could check out SSA-X2 Character Sheets. There is a Reader Save version that does not require an expensive Adobe package, though it does leave a watermark. Useful sheet and you can turn the calculations off if you don't want to hassle with them.

talmar

First Post
I have a basic Microsoft Word Form based Character sheet that is 100% editable and doesn't do any calc's for you.

You can get it from rpgsheets.com, just do a search under Dungeons & Dragons: 3rd Edition for "DnD 3.5 Character" and it should be the first one on the list.

jhkim

Explorer
OK, thanks for the pointers.

My frustration with PCGen is the delays. So, say, if I just want to write an item onto my sheet, I have to drive through several menus and whatnot to get there. I want something simpler that lets me control the sheet that I print out to use in play.

I checked out 3eProfiler, but I didn't like how it looks printed out. I'm now looking as SSA-X2 which seems nicer. I also looked at Talmar's sheets, but I have some stylistic differences. (Mainly, I'd prefer the skills on the front.)

kingpaul

First Post
jhkim said:
My frustration with PCGen is the delays. So, say, if I just want to write an item onto my sheet, I have to drive through several menus and whatnot to get there.
Are you referring to adding equipment, equipping and then exporting? Just want to make sure I understand your frustration, as you don't directly edit your sheet.

Dimwhit

Explorer
IronWolf said:
You could try some of the 3eProfiler sheets. They are hosted on a web server, but the code is open source now so you can install it on your own server or use one of the sites still hosting character sheets.

So how do you get the code? I went to the site, but couldn't see a way to grab it.

Great online sheets, though.

Azul

First Post
IronWolf said:
If you haven't completely ruled out PDF you could check out SSA-X2 Character Sheets. There is a Reader Save version that does not require an expensive Adobe package, though it does leave a watermark. Useful sheet and you can turn the calculations off if you don't want to hassle with them.

I'd recommend the SSA-X2 sheet too. Works great as a blank or a fully calculating sheet.

Remove ads