• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edition Fatigue

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
I have a module kicking around here somewhere, The Silver Key (I think that's the name) from 2e where the PC's are polymorphed into orcs in order to infiltrate an orcish city and retrieve... well the Silver Key.

In 4e the players would be horrified at this. "I'm an orc?? What about my POWRZ??"

Hussar

Legend
In 4e the players would be horrified at this. "I'm an orc?? What about my POWRZ??"

See, this is why this is such a difficult conversation to have.

I don't know if you're just making a joke or not Chainsaw Mage, but, there are more than a few people who actually seem to mean it when they say this kind of thing. During 3e there were all sorts of this sort of criticism thrown around that 3e players were nothing but combat wombat power monkeys.

As if somehow picking up a particular ruleset will strip away any role playing ability the player has and picking up another ruleset will magically inject it directly into the player's brain.

I've met players in all editions would would love The Silver Key and players in every edition that would absolutely hate it.

Role playing is not edition dependent.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads