• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eladrin Fey Warlock 1st Lvl Build; Thoughts/Errors?

Sashi

First Post
Take toughness at first level and then retrain it to Imp Init at 2nd level. What else were you going to use your 2nd level retrain for?

Family

First Post
Sashi said:
Take toughness at first level and then retrain it to Imp Init at 2nd level. What else were you going to use your 2nd level retrain for?

Neat idea, a tough call, but I think you won me over. Thank you.

Ipissimus

First Post
It looks good so far (with the languages corrected) but, as I've played the Warlock before, I have a tip.

Grab Stealth as soon as you can. Particularly as a Fey Pact Eladrin. The bonus to dex gives you better options on stealthy characters and later, if you like, you can beg, borrow and steal from the rogue or ranger class. At least, that looks like where I'll be going with mine now that I have the books. (YAY!)

WOLead

First Post
Mah, with Int being that high and Con so low, have you thought of taking the Wizard Multiclassing feats in broadening the choices of powers you could use effectively? A number of powers in Warlock requires a good Con score, thus dropping the skills you can choose to use effectively in half. Wizard multiclass would only grant 1 Encounter and 1 Daily power to choose from if you get both feats, but it would take advantage of the high Int score you choose. Also, opening up the choices of powers a Wand could hold for you to use. I don't see a reason though why this needs to be done before the Paragon level ranges skill wise, unless you want a different Paragon Path though, explained later. If you are sticking to the Feytouched Paragon Path, retraining feats at Paragon Tier can be done instead.

This would open up the Wizard of the Spiral Tower Paragon Path. Giving you a two Int based Longsword skills to use, if you decide to keep the Longsword as a weapon as you level up. A trade of for the Feytouched Paragon Path of a Warlock, but keeping the flavor of the Fey.

If you have thought about taking the Wizard Multiclass feat, you may want to rethink taking the Arcana skill at the first level. The Arcane Initiate feat gives that training when it is taken.

ethandrul

First Post
Ipissimus said:
It looks good so far (with the languages corrected) but, as I've played the Warlock before, I have a tip.

Grab Stealth as soon as you can. Particularly as a Fey Pact Eladrin. The bonus to dex gives you better options on stealthy characters and later, if you like, you can beg, borrow and steal from the rogue or ranger class. At least, that looks like where I'll be going with mine now that I have the books. (YAY!)

actually you can only get the thievery skill from the rogue class. to get stealth you HAVE to go ranger for some reason.

( built a multiclass warlock last night)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads