• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eladrin Knight is up on DDI

Mr. Teapot

First Post
The Design and Development talks about Fey Guardian being based off of Int. But as far as I can see, it isn't based on Int at all.

Nice article, though. It gives me the "want to play this character right now" feeling that a good Dragon article should.

twilsemail

First Post
Yeah, same here. In fact, I'm going to load up the Vecna Character Builder and make... oh, wait, no. I'm going to wait two or three months before I can do that.

Man... It's a total shame that there's no way to make characters outside of CB... If only we'd developed some method of leaving streaks of carbon on some kind of bleached wood pulp pressed into sheets...

I'm going to the lab to develop this amazing technology now. I'll keep you all up to date on my progress.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Man... It's a total shame that there's no way to make characters outside of CB... If only we'd developed some method of leaving streaks of carbon on some kind of bleached wood pulp pressed into sheets...

I'm going to the lab to develop this amazing technology now. I'll keep you all up to date on my progress.
Like you, I was just trying to be funny. Been to a doctor about that funny bone recently? :p

MrMyth

First Post
It is Str-based (being built around melee basic attacks, like all Knights), but Melee Training can be used to sub in Int instead. (Or, more effectively, Multiclass Swordmage / Intelligent Blademaster). They also recommend Con in general.

Int is a useful secondary ability for some of the benefits from the Paragon Path, utility powers, etc.

Solvarn

First Post
Interesting

It is Str-based (being built around melee basic attacks, like all Knights), but Melee Training can be used to sub in Int instead. (Or, more effectively, Multiclass Swordmage / Intelligent Blademaster). They also recommend Con in general.

Int is a useful secondary ability for some of the benefits from the Paragon Path, utility powers, etc.

That is really interesting, I'll have to have my friends show this to me tonight.

I've been playing a hybrid swordmage/warlock, I'd really rather go this and hexblade.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Yes, Intelligent Blademaster was my first thought as soon as I'd read this. You'd probably have to go Melee Training at 1st level, then when you hit 2nd, train MC Swordmage and retrain Melee Training for Intelligent Blademaster.

It sets you back a little on feats, but you get access to some neat-o at-will teleports. Mark of Passage is a fun one for a build like this, especially since Mark of Warding isn't great for a Knight anyway (at least not as good as for a character with a mark ability).

I really dug the PP with the Wizard encounter power swap built right in. Lots of juicy options there, and they'll all be effective, if you went with Int focus.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads