• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Elemental Wild Shape

xangpow

Explorer
The search function for the website seems to be broken so I will just have to start this thread. I apologize if this has already been talked about.

When a druid from the Circle of the Moon reaches level 10 they get Elemental Wild Shape, which means they can spend two uses of Wild Shape to turn into an elemental of air, fire, water or earth. But what kind of elemental can you chose from? By that I mean, what CR level are you restricted to?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
It's the same as other forms, so your Druid level divided by 3, rounded down.
CR 3 at level 10, CR 4 at level 12, etc.

I am wrong.

Last edited:

jgsugden

Legend
It's the same as other forms, so your Druid level divided by 3, rounded down.
CR 3 at level 10, CR 4 at level 12, etc.
This is incorrect. You are allowed to tur into one of the four specified creatures - which are all CR 5. It is not saying you ca turn into any elemental - just those 4 specified ones.

xangpow

Explorer
Cool. I never thought to check the Monster Manual for just Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, Earth Elemental or Air Elemental. I thought a fire elemental would be a monster type, kind of like "Summon Minor Elemental" lets you chose an elemental under a certain CR rating.

This is so much easier. No hidden meaning or "It could be interpreted this way." It's just "Pick one of four."

Remove ads