D&D 5E Elementalists (IC)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Jord watches as the elf and bird man take wing and fly away rapidly. He is further yet in shock as the one he had spoken with the longest, Xobru, gets up and takes his molluscan friend with him. He is confused by this. Jord is a deliberate man. He does not make hasty decisions. He sighs, finishes his beer in one long gulp and turns to Lola, the last one at the table. "Well, they all left in quite a hurry. I hope mephits don't attack here again. However, I did feel some, some sensation. Should we go and take a look?"

Lola gave Jord a side eyed glance. "I admit, I felt something too. I will also admit, I too was drawn here for reasons beyond my own understanding. However, I have a lot of doubts about running off willy-nilly like those folks just did, not knowing what they are getting themselves into. I like fun but I also value my life and it seems like a dangerous city from my short time here. I also very much question the ability of any of them not to get each other killed, whether accidentally or purposefully."

"So, I don't have any great need to run off and join them immediately, not under the circumstances in which they probably all find themselves. I am very content to take my time getting there or not get there at all right now."

She paused and looked up at the giant man, considering. "There is one more thing. I... I'm not really sure why I think I can trust you." She flashed back to the scene of her throwing the fireball, and the fact that no one turned her in to the Captain afterward... it was much easier having someone to trust... "I am not exactly registered for using magic in this city."

She continued to look up at him as flashed him a huge, mischievous, pearly smile and swished her tail, back and forth, back and forth.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Greenmtn

Explorer
Vimak walks out with no attempt to change the dwarfs mind. He looks to the strange winged elf "Sky, Nothing good ever happens when you can't see the Sky."
Taking to the sky again as soon as he gets outside. Questions in his head screaming at him, he slowly glides back to the tavern where he rented a balcony to stay on for the night. Slowly resigning himself to the realization that this will not be a quick or comfortable trip.

Fenris

Adventurer
Jord smiled back at Lola. "Well whether you are exactly registered, nor not registered at all, makes no difference to me. Should it come up you were most definitely helping the city, and I would defend that distinction should the need arise. And I would do that regardless of whether you gave me that sweet smile. But I have to say it helps." Jord grins back.

"I like the fact that you are not in a rush to get there. I tend to be a more deliberate person. Take me time, be careful and cautious. However, once I have decided, or circumstances dictate, I will move with speed of an avalanche. Fast, overwhelming and irresistible. I am glad you feel you can trust me. I shall continue to show you it is well earned. I have finished my meal, and you have finished your wine. Shall we take a walk and see where it takes us? I know the others ran off to the temple district. I couldn't tell you it was specifically there, but we can head in the general direction and see what things appear. Sound like a plan?"
asks Jord trying not to stare at Lola's mesmerizing tail swishing back and forth, back and forth.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"And don't touch him," he said, pointing to Nacay. "I want him for questioning. If he survives."

"Can we at least try to save him?" Theremin asks, a somewhat exasperated by the events, but still cal, considering. "He did help with the fight earlier, and has shown honor and bravery in the defence of this city"

OOC: persuasion [roll0]

tglassy

Adventurer
"We'll take care of 'im," the dwarf said. "Besides, if he's the one who broke in here in the first place, he won't be livin' long enough to see the next dawn, anyway."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Actually," Xobru says carefully, "I'd like to be there when you question the orc. I feel he may have witnessed what happened, whether or not he is guilty. Along with our experiences and yours, we have a better chance of solving this mystery."

The elf still hasn't moved and does not seem inclined to.

OOC: Is the girl still here? I haven't seen any mention of her, but if she's around, Xobru intends to ask her what she saw.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: The girl is nowhere to be seen.

As for Nacay, he already passed one death save. I'll go ahead and roll the rest myself just to see what happened during all that.

These are in order:

2 [roll0]
3 [roll1]
4 [roll2]
5 [roll3]

Ok, looks like he's still alive. And on with the game.

Fegrun's men lift the strange half orc and carry him out of the temple.

"If he wakes, I'll send a messenger to find ye," Fegrun said to Xobru. "I assume ye're stayin' where I found ye, at The Frosty Blaze?"

tglassy

Adventurer
Everyone in the Temple has been ushered out of it, the doors closed off.

Where it goes is now up to you. Back to the tavern, continue looking for answers, spend your money, find a brothel, listen for rumors, get a job. You know, whatever floats your boat.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Jord smiled back at Lola. "Well whether you are exactly registered, nor not registered at all, makes no difference to me. Should it come up you were most definitely helping the city, and I would defend that distinction should the need arise. And I would do that regardless of whether you gave me that sweet smile. But I have to say it helps." Jord grins back.

"I like the fact that you are not in a rush to get there. I tend to be a more deliberate person. Take me time, be careful and cautious. However, once I have decided, or circumstances dictate, I will move with speed of an avalanche. Fast, overwhelming and irresistible. I am glad you feel you can trust me. I shall continue to show you it is well earned. I have finished my meal, and you have finished your wine. Shall we take a walk and see where it takes us? I know the others ran off to the temple district. I couldn't tell you it was specifically there, but we can head in the general direction and see what things appear. Sound like a plan?"
asks Jord trying not to stare at Lola's mesmerizing tail swishing back and forth, back and forth.

She watched the large man watch her and it made her smile grow, this was not an unusual thing to happen to her, and it always pleased her to no end.

"Certainly sounds like a plan to me." She hooked an arm through his and they start slowly walking towards the temple district.

"I admit, we're a little different about how we approach things. I am not usually... what did you say... deliberate? Yes, I am not that. I do whatever pleases me in the moment, whatever I feel like. I go where the wind takes me, do what feels right or do not do what doesn't ... like running off so quickly just then. I would have gone all together with everyone but something just seemed wrong and I do so value my life."

"I also admit, occasionally that do whatever I feel like thing when I feel like it gets me in trouble. But the fun is usually worth it!" Lola laughed heartily at that as they continued to walk on down the street.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Greenmtn

Explorer
Vimak Flies around the city for a while thinking about the earth elemental, and the dwarf. Questioning himself about what happened with the girl, trying to recall the sound of her voice and the look in her eye. What is really going on in that temple or for that matter in the plane of earth? What of the plane of Air?

His pondering leads him back to the Frosty Blaze where he finds his balcony and perches himself on the railing watching below him, periodically feeling something and reaching down to remove bits of stone and earth from his clothing and feathers.

Remove ads