D&D 5E Elementalists (IC)

Fenris

Adventurer
She watched the large man watch her and it made her smile grow, this was not an unusual thing to happen to her, and it always pleased her to no end.

"Certainly sounds like a plan to me." She hooked an arm through his and they start slowly walking towards the temple district.

"I admit, we're a little different about how we approach things. I am not usually... what did you say... deliberate? Yes, I am not that. I do whatever pleases me in the moment, whatever I feel like. I go where the wind takes me, do what feels right or do not do what doesn't ... like running off so quickly just then. I would have gone all together with everyone but something just seemed wrong and I do so value my life."

"I also admit, occasionally that do whatever I feel like thing when I feel like it gets me in trouble. But the fun is usually worth it!" Lola laughed heartily at that as they continued to walk on down the street.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

"Well it it keeps me in your company longer, then it is a benefit." Jord replies. His long strides are hobbled a little as he intentionally tries to slow his pace and shorten his stride to match Lola's. "Doing that which makes you happy is not anything to be ashamed of. If a fancy strikes you why not chase it down? Despite the strange dreams that drew me here, I am not an infinite being. I have a limited amount of time, and some should certainly be spent in bettering the world as others did before me, but life is a beautiful thing, and it should be savored and lived. Watching the sunset from the top of a mountain peak. Seeing a mother deer urge her fawn to its first steps. That is life, that is beauty, is it not? Often my calling directs me to serve the Warrior. But his other faces show what it is we fight to protect." Jord ponders.

Jord suddenly stops in the street bring Lola to a halt as the arm is attached to an arm that no longer moves. "Look at that vendor there. I have heard of those things. Some kind of elven bread I think. In the shape of a sword or a stick and covered in sugar and spices. I have always wanted to try one, would you care for one as well Lola?" Jord asks.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Just to be clear: Vimak is at the Tavern, Lola and Jord are out and about, shopping and whatnot. I do not know what Xobru and Theremin are doing. So I won't go on until I know what they're doing. Once we hear from Xobru and Theremin, I'll move things along.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
After holding the dwarf's stare for a time, making the others uncomfortable, Xobru finally lets go with an audible sigh.

"Oh very well. Do treat the orc right, he fought well outside the tavern."

With that the elf strides outside, his familiar only lowering its tentacles after exiting the temple. Telepathically, Xobru asks Hadar, There was a girl inside the Temple. Have you seen where she went?

Not really expecting an answer, Xobru slowly wanders back to the Frosty Blaze. He is not in a hurry, the others had probably flown there already.

The warlock pondered. It was likely he was send here because of the goings-on at the Temple, but how could he discover the truth? Particularly with such a stubborn dwarf holding them at bay.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Xobru] Hador mimed scratching his head with one tentacle, something he'd apparently seen someone else do when confused. What girl? There were no girls. Only the Half Orc, the Elementals and the spirit. If you want girls, that teifling was hot. Probably out of your league, though.[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Xobru stops walking abruptly, nearly unseating Hadar from his shoulders.

"There was no girl?" The elf mutters. "Odd, I could've..."

Restarting his stroll back to the temple, Xobru mulls it over in his mind. It is not until he is almost at the door to the Frosty Blaze before he once again stops walking.

"Of course! There was no girl! She was in my head!"

With a smile as if all made perfect sense, the elven warlock opened the tavern door.

Wait, where is the tiefling girl? And the giant?

Lingering in the door, Xobru cannot decide whether to go in or stay outside to look for Lola and Jord.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Vimak notices the familiar elf walking with his lunch bucket and watches as he approaches the door to the tavern and hesitate.

This one was at the temple, and fought the Mephits...

"Talk, Come up here, we can talk." Vimaks words end in a whistle as he looks down and waits to see what the reaction is.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin had walked back to the inn, his mind racing. His training had not prepared him for this, and he was at a loss. Fortunately, the others seemed intent on figuring out this mystery, so at least he was not alone. Pondering the situation quietly, Theremin waled back to the inn where he found the others.

OOC: FYI, I've been travelling a lot lately for work, and I'm now in Asia, so my posting rate will be slow. Sorry about this, and please let me know if I am slowing things down too much. I would be ok to be bumped out of the game if I'm interfering with your fun.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Right now, the ball is pretty much in y'all's court. I have some hooks in mind if you need some prompting, but what you do now is up to you. As for the main story, everyone feels that the temple is where the answers are, but it's going to be harder to get in, now.

Well, Jord and Lola don't know as much. They're too busy making goo goo eyes at each other.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Well it it keeps me in your company longer, then it is a benefit." Jord replies. His long strides are hobbled a little as he intentionally tries to slow his pace and shorten his stride to match Lola's. "Doing that which makes you happy is not anything to be ashamed of. If a fancy strikes you why not chase it down? Despite the strange dreams that drew me here, I am not an infinite being. I have a limited amount of time, and some should certainly be spent in bettering the world as others did before me, but life is a beautiful thing, and it should be savored and lived. Watching the sunset from the top of a mountain peak. Seeing a mother deer urge her fawn to its first steps. That is life, that is beauty, is it not? Often my calling directs me to serve the Warrior. But his other faces show what it is we fight to protect." Jord ponders.

Jord suddenly stops in the street bring Lola to a halt as the arm is attached to an arm that no longer moves. "Look at that vendor there. I have heard of those things. Some kind of elven bread I think. In the shape of a sword or a stick and covered in sugar and spices. I have always wanted to try one, would you care for one as well Lola?" Jord asks.

Lola laughed freely. "I'll try mostly anything covered in sugar, Jord. You probably wouldn't have guessed that about me, as in general I'm not a very sweet girl."

Fenris

Adventurer
Jord smiled back at Lola "There is nothing I have seen to indicate that. And remember that when you apply fire to sugar you just get a nice caramel so I don't see any reason to not think you are sweet. In any case lets head to the temple district since that was where we felt that, that, sensation. And I think that was were the others left for. But since mephits didn't appear with the second noise, I think there isn't a need to run off, but with a snack now, lets walk over yes?" Jord gestures to Lola and the tiefling gives a little smile back and two head over to the temple eating their eleven sugar bread.

Remove ads