• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elements of Magic Errata

scholz

First Post
Simple typo.. noted elsewhere I am sure.

Invisibility
0-level listed at 10min/level duration in chart and 2 round duration in text.

Correction
0-level Invisibility (Disappear) lasts 2 rds.

Tuerny

First Post
scholz said:
Biomatter's Side Effect = Bludgeon?
Seems redundant Evoke Biomatter does bludgeon damage and then extra bludgeon damage?

Potential Fix: Replace Bludgeon with Tangle
As per Net Rules (maybe with a Reflex save)... character is 1/2 move (no run) -2 AC, -6 Dex. Can break free with Escape Artist 20 or by doing 5pts of Damage (or 25 Strength DC).

That would also make it easier to replace the Entangle spell.
A Create Elemental Object could make traps and weapons with tangling effects.

Not sure how that would work for infuse creature with element (although the tangle resistance would be cool).

-Steve

Actually I think that is a pretty good idea. Perhaps in addition to providing a bonus to saves vs. tangle is would provide a bonus to resist things like knockdown, tripping and the like. We could have it follow the table for skill bonuses noted in the Infuse Creature with Element table.

Tuerny

First Post
Error: Summon Outsider HD Progression

As it stands there is no real reason to Bind an Outsider. You can quit easily just Summon one of any power level you need. Also Summon Outsider summons more powerful creatures than Summon Element does.

Suggested Fix: Use the Summon Element Table for HD values when casting Summon Outsider.

Additional Notes: I also think that the summoning of outsiders and elementals right now is a bit overpowered. Considering the CR that many outsiders have compared to their hd it is very possible for a mage to summon an elemental or (more likely an outsider) that is more powerful than he is. Thus I think it makes more sense that the spell should allow a character to summon outsiders based on CR rather than HD.

Phaedrus

First Post
Start spell lists at levels higher than 0.

For example, some have complained about invisibility and fly at 1st level is overpowered. So make invisibility not available until 2nd level (to match the PHB), and delay fly until 3rd level.

This can be extended to other lists as well... not making them available until the first equivalent spell appears in the PHB lists.

Tuerny

First Post
This suggestion was given by Ranger Wicket for the fly spell effects:

1 - Speed 20 ft., duration: one round
2 - Speed 40 ft., duration: one round/level
3 - Speed 60 ft., duration: one minute/level
4 - speed 80 ft, duration 10 minutes/level.

After that it should just follow the normal duration modifications on the chart in the book.

Remove ads