Elysium Squad IC

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Ray, looking rough and covered in his own blood, finishes pressing down on one of his wounds, which seems to not be gushing as it once was. Seemly unbothered by this, he turns away from the bloody mess of a gnoll, and looks around the split in the tunnel.

"Which way do we procede from here?"

Eluvan

First Post
Realising that perhaps nobody else is going to, Cassient sets about the rather unsavoury task of picking over the fallen for valuables and usable items. He doesn't much like the idea of looting the dead, but he's of the belief that if their slain enemies have anything of use then it would be sheer foolishness to leave it on their corpses. The group has a hard, difficult task ahead of them and they need all the advantages they can glean - even if they have to be picked from their enemies' corpses.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yavarin:
[Sblock]Yavarin would know the tunnel that goes straight leads to the exit. However, the tunel to the right is somewhat unknown to Yavarin. Knowing what he knows about this tunnel, he would guess that the gnolls most likely came from the branch to the right.[/Sblock]

Cassient:
[Sblock]On the first gnoll that died Cassient finds 2 Rose Quartz. On the other arcanist he finds 3 Sardonyx. On the 3rd gnoll he finds 2 Violet Garnets. In addition, the arcanist gnolls are in rather mundane chain shirts and the third gnoll is in leather - which has pretty much been ruined by Geeo's massive maul strike.[/Sblock]

Eluvan

First Post
Finishing his grim task Cassient stands and holds the gems out on an open palm. "I'm not looking to profit from this for my own sake, but for better or for worse wealth is power. Power that I, at least, believe would be used for a better cause in our own hands than it would in most of those who might stumble across our slain enemies in a place like this. So please don't think me mercenary if I pocket these for now, and suggest that as soon as we get the chance we should sell them and split the proceeds."

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
Cleaning his maul off, geeo looks to the others. This one was corrupt. His Soul can be redemed by his own lord, hopefully. looking to cassient, Geeo nodds Yer no mercinary my friend, and what you say rings true. Still let us move on, as lingering here will help up not at all

Fenris

Adventurer
"We must buy supplies in Quehalost. And gold and gems spend there as well as anywhere" says Yavarin. "The tunnel ahead leads out but this side tunnel looks to have housed the gnolls. Shall investigate this side tunnel or press on perhaps leaving enemies behind us?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"There is much good the money can do, even in this corupt land. I will find it."

Brother Ray turns to Yavarin "How far do you supposed that side path goes?"

OOC: Gems are used as currently and have a fixed value for each type. There's a list on the Enigmata reference thread.

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient nods to his companions, glad to find that they agree with his assessment. He is aware that his previous speech over the gems was probably unnecessary, and a little defensive and even pompous, but for a moment he was afraid that he would be accused of avarice. Relieved, he gives an easy grin and drops the gems into a pocket before turning to Yavarin. "Well I'd favour taking a look into this side tunnel. I don't fancy finding a party of gnolls at our backs, seeking revenge for their fallen. Better to take the fight to them now. Besides... truth be told I don't think we should be in a rush to arrive into the forest on the other side. From what Shorttooth said we'd be straight into the domain of this 'Mayhem'. I don't know about the rest of you, but I want to bring her down. Yet in all honesty, I don't know if we have the capability right now. It's clear that she's been Awakening animals - and that's no petty magic. If she can do that, she can do a great deal more. If we face her now, I don't believe we'll triumph. But with whatever power the gnolls might be hoarding... it's possible. And to rid this tunnel of their menace would be a good deed in itself, no? If nothing else, it would leave us a safer route of retreat if we need to temporarily withdraw."

OOC:
[sblock]Whoops! Thanks Bront, I'd forgotten that. Previous post edited to make sense. :eek: [/sblock]

engrishonly

First Post
"I agree with the magician... now that we've started the fight, we should end it. Those creatures will come for us. As for Mayhem... she is nothing, not with Pelor on our side. But she'll have to wait for now. I am certain those dogs will come for us again..." Her sword back in its sheath, Eva holds her wooden holy symbol gently in her mailed hand.

Fenris

Adventurer
"I do not know Brother Ray, there is but one sure way to find out." answers Yavarin.

NF:
[sblock] Unless of course you want to add anything [/sblock]

Remove ads