Elysium Squad IC

JonnyFive

First Post
I do believe that checking for other gnolls would be the safest route. Shall we be off before they go looking for their companions and stummble upon us talking here?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
[Sblock]OOC: You'll have to forgive me as we begin this game. Without having an NPC in the party, sometimes it can feel like a while between DM posts. If your characters want things like spot checks, listen checks, search checks, etc.... please ask for them. If you ever want more detail about a certian room or hallway or intersection please just ask. If you ever feel like the DM isn't posting enough, just let me know![/Sblock]

Looking at the intersection, it is pretty clear that this intersection is well traveled across all three of the paths away from the "T." The path from which the party came and the path straight ahead look to be the most heavy traveled. The side tunnel to the right does seem to show a significant amount of traffic as well.

As the party stands in the intersection, a slight blast of warm air blows through the tunnel, originating somewhere from within the side tunnel to the right. The party can only see down the tunnel as far as Eva's lantern shines - and all that is revealed is a straight tunnel. (Well, relatively straight considering tradition dictates that it is carved by an ancient stream)

Yavarin, Geeo:
[Sblock]Both Yavarin and Geeo do pick up on the fact that the tracks leading down the right side tunnel seem to be paw tracks and not boot tracks.[/Sblock]

Yavarin:
[Sblock]Yavarin picks up one a single track in which the heel is not visible anymore on. The place where the heel should be has been walked over by what appears to be a gnoll print. However, the front of the print is curious. It appears to be of some small creature with almost birdlike feet - with significant claws at the end of each toe. It is hard for Yavarin to tell, but it might also be a print like one might expect from a very small lizard. Yavarin is unable to identify the print more solidly than this, and searching the area in a 20 foot circle around the print reveals no other similar print like it. The print appears to be pointed towards the tunnel to the right.[/Sblock]

engrishonly

First Post
Eva directs the beam of light from her bullseye lantern wherever her comrades ask, but she pays relatively little attention to scanning the darkness for evidence of the gnolls.

Talking to no one in particular, she says "I wonder what that dog meant about other people being here... who else has walked into these caves? I wonder what happened to them..."

She shifts her weight from one side to another with mild discomfort, trying to find a comfortable way to stand in spite of her bruises from the last fight.

Bront

The man with the probe
"We should examine the tunnel then, as you say." Brother Ray says. "In these aspects, you have more experience, so I simply follow where you lead, and pray to Pelor to guide you well." He indicates Yavarin

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"Then let us away. I think this time let us proceed together as a group to ensure all our safety and to provide light. Eva if you would keep the light on the floor ahead as we move please. There are some interesting tracks there and I am not sure yet what to make of them" says Yavarin as he bends down to study the tracks as he heads down the side tunnel.

NF :[sblock] Ok, How big are the foot prints. I assume the heel is gone, but there are three toes in the front? How long are the claws? Does it look like the print came to land there and then flew off rather than walked? (ie a walking print would leave small 'tails' behind each toe as the toes were bend to provide traction during the movement forward, whereas a take off would leave deeper imprints in place as the bird crouched down to leap into the air with it's legs.) And if my Kn:Nature exceeds Yavarin's just say tough :) I can handle that. :) [/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As the party begins to head down the tunnel to the right, the air grows still. Again another blast of warm air quickly follows, breaking up the stillness of the air. However, eventually the air draws still before the mountain exhales another breath of warmth. This cycles continues on a fairly steady pattern. By this point the party has walked 40' without a sign of a turn up ahead. As the party continues along, they notice that Yavarin sees something along the ground. The thing he appears to be looking at is almost exactly in the center or the tunnel floor between the rock walls.

Yavarin:
[Sblock]OOC: Sorry, when I said small in the previous post I wasn't very clear. How about something more specific, in Game mechanics terms: TINY. ;) So, the creature is tiny in size - leaving footprints about the size that one might expect for a raven - although the toes are a little thicker than what one might expect for a raven's foot.

IC: The impression is hard to determin on the dusty rock floor. With the heel being covered over, there is no way to tell if the heel dragged or not. The toes do not seem to have dragged on the ground. Additionally, the fact that there is no other footprint within 20 feet of the first tiny print says something. It appears that there were four toes, but there are some scratches around the print and it is hard to know for sure what might be a claww mark and what might be a scratch from the end of a spear of something. Clearly there are between 3 and 5 toes. [That's helpful, eh? :) ] Also, the ground is very hard, thus the depth of the print cannot accurately be determined.

About 30' from the original print another clawed print remnant can be found. This print is identical, although it to is molested by paw prints and virtually no more information can be gleaned from it. In both cases, the prints occurred almost dead center in the middle of the tunnel.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient glances quizzically across at Yavarin, having established that he himself sees nothing remarkable. "Is something wrong?" he asks curiously.

engrishonly

First Post
As before, Eva directs the beam of light from her lantern towards wherever her comrades ask (presumably, the spot on the ground).

She is not very interested in looking at the spot on the ground, and begins humming one of her favorite Hymns to Pelor. Her ear for music is not very good, however, and what she hums sounds nothing like the Hymn that she is trying to mimic.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Nothing, at least not yet. Just a curiousity. Let us proceed onwards."

NF:[sblock] Yavarin will continue to watch the ground but will also keep an eye above for any birds, roosting, nesting or watching. Awakened animals and mostly likely sorcerers with familiars are the only ways I can see a bird being this far into a tunnel.[/sblock]

Remove ads