Emerald's PbP game

Krug

Newshound
"Yes and perhaps you could cook for us in the meantime," says Jarrad. He continues to eye the goblins suspiciously. "So what kind of creatures did this 'man' have with him?"

MerakSpielman

First Post
"Though I'm all for questioning Richard and all that, I really think it should be our priority to see this lady to safety. Why make her linger here, where her pain is centered, any longer than necessary?"

Besides, if he's any good at wizardry, he's got a spare book somewhere and will be coming after us no matter where we go... But best not to mention that though, might alarm the lady...

"Come lady, the wagon is ready and there is plenty of room for your belongings. Leave the foul memories of this place behind you, and start anew."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Thank you, Grit, for the dagger. If I had a similar item that would show you as a friend of the Dwarves, I would give it to you. But here, take my dagger, at least, in return. And my friend here, " he indicates Cattivo, and continues, as before, speaking in Goblin, "he's a bit of a orc's bladder, but he's actually quite a talented musician. I'll ask him to compose a verse about you and your kin which may improve your reputation around here."

Reinert shifts to common. "I think we should leave with Kyla. It would be asking too much for her to remain any longer. I think it unlikely we would be able to surprise Richard, anyway, since he can turn invisible. Can you confirm that it is a spellbook, though, Kaltide?"

"Kyla, perhaps Richard was corrupted in some way by this book or other items. Is there a place in the house or the viscinity where he might keep things hidden?"

OOC: Reinert would want to use his sense motive skill on Grit, to try to guage his true intentions.

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo shrugs,

"Stay or leave; it is much the same to me. If we go, we should go after V'Skar. It may be that that is where Richard has fle."

OOC: the e-mail notifications for updates don't seem to be working (at least for me?) so responses may be sporadic

Emerald

First Post
Grit takes the dagger. I will always treasure this. Thank you. And thank you for the offer of a song telling about us, for my tribe is unlike most others and we mean the townsfolk no harm. We wish we were more welcome, but until more of my kind turn from their paths of violence, I fear it will not be.

Kyla responds Thank you. I do wish to leave now. I do not know of any other place he may have hidden stuff. Feel free to look around anywhere you would like. It was a about six months ago when it all started. A member of Fy's council came here to speak in Corn Haven, it was boring stuff, all about new taxes and politics and such. But Richard he thought this was a great man and even traveled back to Fy with him. He was gone a couple of weeks. When he returned he was different. For one thing he had that book. And he could do magic. When I confronted him, he told me not to concern myself with thing that were not my business. Then we started having lots of strange characters stop by at all hours of the night. I do hope that he manages to get out of whatever evil he has manged to get himself into. I, for one, am grateful to have him out of my life. With that she will get up from the table, wipe her eyes, pick up her bags and walk to the wagon.

Grit will looking longingly after her. I keep telling myself it is all for the best, but I will miss her greatly. Then he will turn to Jarrad. The man, I do not know his name, came with two creatures. They were about knee high and were covered with fur and feathers. They looked like children though, I do not think they were full grown yet.

(I am assuming that Reinert is providing translating for Grit)

OODM: I havn't been getting my notifications either.

Krug

Newshound
"Fur and feathers? Um..." Jarrad looks to the others. "Does it ring a bell?"
"Hopefully the lady will find greater happiness," says Jarrad.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

Reinert smiles at the Goblin. Rarely are people so nice to the ugly dwarf. Somewhat overcome by the sudden reconciliation with his historical foe, his eyes moisten, and he turns away. He clears his throat. He has been translating relevent passages of Grit's conversation to the party. He stands by Grit, puts his hand on Grit's arm, and nods at Kyla. "I hope you are able to find one of your own kind who can make you happy. It would never work out with a human." he says to Grit alone.

Then to Kyla in common. "That's interesting, Kyla. What was the name of this coucilman of Fy who originally tried to sway Richard? What did he look like? We may run into him. Where is Fy, by the way? Also, if we have a few minutes, I would like to search Richard's rooms myself."

Capellan

Explorer
"You seem very good friends with the goblin, Reinert. Is that a trait that runs in your family? From your mother's side, I expect?" Cattivo tosses the comment over his shoulder as he leaves through the front door, "I'll be waiting in the cart for the rest of you to be ready to leave."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Wait, hold on, I'm drowning..."

"Or no wait, that's heat stroke..."

"Er, wait, no, I meant to say, are any of you hurt?"

Cid turns around in his confusion to see the goblin leaving, he yells out, "Enjoy the sun!" He then turns back to the group, "I told you that man was a demon, next time maybe you will listen to me? He was controlling that vile rodent, he was intent on devouring our souls. It is only by the light of Ra-Pelor that we can thank our efforts were met with some degree of victory."

Cid waits as if he was expecting some kind of applause...

MerakSpielman

First Post
Kaltide nudges Cattivo and says quietly, "Methinks somebody is a bit off his rocker eh? Good thing you guys have me around to keep an eye on him..."

Remove ads