Emerald's PbP game

Capellan

Explorer
My action stands - only change is that Cattivo will run toward his last known location, rather than toward the fight. I assume he cast his spell defensively, or otherwise get into an unthreatened area before casting?

MerakSpielman

First Post
OOC: If you're in 3/4 cover, you cannot make attacks of opportunity.

Kaltide changes his mind. Time for something that has a keen nose, I think.

<Insert faux Latin phrase here>

Kaltide casts Summon Monster II to summon 1d3 Celestial Dogs.

Capellan

Explorer
OOC: if we're in a forest where you can have 3/4 cover from someone 5' from you, how is anyone moving? :D ... not that it really matters. He could have taken a 5' step or cast defensively, anyway.

Cattivo continues to make loud imprecations about Richard's manhood. And if he occasionally says 'Reinert' instead of 'Richard', it's doubtless just a slip of the tongue in the heat of the moment.

MerakSpielman

First Post
OOC: In the PHB, it describes "dense foliage" as one of the things providing 3/4 cover, and the cover sections says that cover applies to missile and melee attacks. It's wierd, I know, but I read it several times. Since the undergrowth is physically restraining our weapons, as opposed to concealement which simply obscures the target, everybody in the dense foliage benefits from 3/4 cover.

Krug

Newshound
Jarrad tries to follow Richard's tracks.
"DAMN IT YOU COWARD! COME OUT HERE AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN! JUST ME AND YOU! NOW!"

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

On his turn, Reinert will shout, "He's over here, just turned invisible and is fleeing!" He will then attempt to pursue, pulling out his longsword. He'll try to hear/see Richard's progress from based on the noise & motion of the folliage.

Emerald

First Post
Round 2.5

Kaltide You cast Summon Monster II, next round 3 celestial dogs will appear.

Cattivo You inspire courage.

Jarrad You see his tracks trailing off to the right and ending behind a tree. I assume you are going to attack the space directly above the last set of footprints. You miss.

Cid You cast detect magic, as you concentrate you detect magical auras in the area.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid will move in the appropriate direction five feet (the direction Richard was running in from his starting position) while concentrating on his detect magic spell.

Remove ads