• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Book Club

KingCroMag

First Post
Something like this was done a while ago. Ceasar's Legion was read. It was read on a chapter to chapter basis. I think Shark may have been the originator.
-KCM

GreyShadow

Explorer
Re: re

Celtavian said:
I'd give it a shot as a reader. Might be fun to discuss fantasy books.

Ditto for me.

The reading I shouldn't have a problem with. I am not good when it comes to discussions thou. Oh well. I have to start somewhere. :)

Sam

First Post
The first two editorial members have been announced. See this thread: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1068768#post1068768 for full details.

jester47 is the first editorial member selected. Discussion on his selection will open (hopefully) on September 15.

JoeBlank is the second editorial member. He will post his selection on September 15, with discussion opening on November 1.

Thanks to everyone who has suggested books, volunteered as an editorial member, or has participated in the formative discussions.

Sam

First Post
jester47 has spoken!

In the suggestions & selectors thread, jester47 (this month's editorial member) has posted his selection. You can read about his decision making process here:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1074072#post1074072

jester47 chose Dragondoom, by Denis L. McKiernan. ISBN: 0451458818

The reading period is now open. We will begin discussion on September 15. Also, JoeBlank will post his selection at that time.

On September 15, look for a new thread (opened by jester47) with the title "[ENWorld Book Club] September Selection - Dragondoom" (or something similar). jester47 will lead off the discussion, which should last about two weeks.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Re: jester47 has spoken!

Sam said:
On September 15, look for a new thread (opened by jester47) with the title "[ENWorld Book Club] September Selection - Dragondoom" (or something similar). jester47 will lead off the discussion, which should last about two weeks.

Sam, for the Book Club you might want to take a tidbit from the Hivemind - one thread at a time. That way you won't have to chase around through all the possible Book Club threads to make sure that everyone will get the message. If there's only one place to get Book Club news, then folks will find it.

Dacileva

Explorer
Re: Re: jester47 has spoken!

Umbran said:
Sam, for the Book Club you might want to take a tidbit from the Hivemind - one thread at a time. That way you won't have to chase around through all the possible Book Club threads to make sure that everyone will get the message. If there's only one place to get Book Club news, then folks will find it.

Alternatively, the thread could be linked to both here and on the Selections/Suggestions thread. That way, we've got access to the new suggestion thread, while not making people who join in December, or so, sort through the discussion of the previous few books just to find the next selection.

I find subscribing to these threads is very convenient, myself. :D

Just a thought.

edited to add a line

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads