• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Jerseys!?!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, I have this weird idea.

We all know you can get EN World T-Shirts and the lie, but what about this -- customized EN World Jerseys, like sports jerserys but for gamers.

The log would be as per the EN World banner or we could get one of the various artists that hang around here to make a "sports-like" EN World logo for the Jersey.

Colors could be customized and any number, for the back, could be chosen. The jerseys would have the buyers username (or real name, if they like) on the back too. Thus, mine would have "knightfall1972" and the number 72 on it, or just "Knightfall" with #72.

Various sports styles should be available including baseball, football, hockey, soccer, etc.

This could also lead to beer leagues for those of us who actually like to play sports. (Imagine an EN World softball team in every major city, just as an example.)

Now,the main issue would be cost, as sports-style Jerseys aren't cheap, but since each Jersey will likely be custom-made then people are paying for the exclusivity.

Opinions? Concerns? Threats?

Cheers!

Knightfall1972

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Kamikaze Midget said:
Nerds wearing sports jerseys? Awesome. :)

I'm pro-it, but the logistics slightly freak me out.

Yes, it is the logistics that are scary. :eek:

But if the jerseys were priced reasonably, while making sure that the EN World Game Store doesn't lose money on them then I think it would be a great idea. And I'm thinking the colors could be set based on the forum's standard colors, and then people pay more for custom colors (like for a gaming group).

Plus, part of the sale of each Jersey could go towards a charity. Maybe hurricane relief in the southern states or for cancer or MS.

Just thinking out loud,

KF72

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Guardians of Order had Hockey Jerseys with their logo and individualized names/numbers as their Gen Con uniform.

It seems like it can be done

I want Teflon Billy and 69

Theron

Explorer
Back when I was in the SCA, I was in a fighting order (people who shared a particular award for excellence in fencing.) One of our number came up with the idea of hockey jerseys carrying our Kingdom arms on the front, with our SCA name on the back, our number (based on when we got the award) and the insignia of our order on the shoulder. The idea ended up spreading all over the country, last I knew.

I find it interesting that folks are looking for some sort of common signifier lately. Sort of a gamer unity movement. Over on Story Games, Rob Donohue came up with what has been dubbed the "Go-Play" icon:

playgreen.gif

It was originally envisioned as a bumper sticker or the like, a sort of quiet gamer-sign. A number of folks on RPGnet's forums took to it and began personalizing them.

(As to what "Go-Play" means, that's your own call. To me, it means stop talking about gaming so much and actually do it. Folks on these boards don't suffer from the vicarious gamer syndrome as much as those on RPGnet, IMHO, but it's certainly a good reminder for me.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Like the t-shirts, I think it's a cool idea. The t-shirts have been popular at past GenCons.

I'd be willing to get behind this on condition that they only be available directly from EN World.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads