• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Movie Battle Royal! We have our winner!

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Meh.
I have no investment in either of these two films, really. My vote goes to Bladerunner. (Though I would have liked to have seen something else in the top two, given the tremendous amount of awesome films that were listed!!)

While I love the LotR trilogy, and think the film is a reasonable adaptation, it really isn't a complete film, but rather part of a trilogy, where Bladerunner is a stand-alone film.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. It is part of a trilogy, yes, but it stands alone very well, and is a classic.

Demiurge out.

Gomez

First Post
#1 Bladerunner (1982)

Joshua,
I am amazed that you didn't like Bladerunner that much since several of the races in your Homebrew campaign look like replicants straight from the moive.

Berandor

lunatic
Blade Runner. But my heart hangs low in remembering those movies that went before. Great they will be even after this thread has been forgotten.

Wombat

First Post
I give it to Fellowship of the Ring.

Okay, maybe it is only Part 1 of a trilogy, but I far prefer it as a film.

One of these days I will be able to splice together the fabled 1.5 version of Bladerunner -- put back in several of the voiceovers (which I thought provided some continunity and more of a noir feel, besides cutting into the endless rather dull cityscape shots), but of course I would leave the proper director's ending.

But...

**raising glass**

To films that passed before their time.

Remove ads