EN World Movie Battle Royal! We have our winner!

Gomez said:
Joshua,
I am amazed that you didn't like Bladerunner that much since several of the races in your Homebrew campaign look like replicants straight from the moive.

Odd. I remember that one of the whole points was that the replicants were pretty much indistinguishable from regular humans.

My homebrew races are, if nothing else, physically distinctive from anybody you actually know.

Gomez

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Odd. I remember that one of the whole points was that the replicants were pretty much indistinguishable from regular humans.

My homebrew races are, if nothing else, physically distinctive from anybody you actually know.

I was just thinking how Leon was like the Hulks, who were breed for physical labor. And Pris was like the Mannikin who where breed for good looks. That's all.

Gomez said:
I was just thinking how Leon was like the Hulks, who were breed for physical labor. And Pris was like the Mannikin who where breed for good looks. That's all.
Ah, I can see that. But, I can assure you, the correspondences are purely coincidental; I didn't remember any details of the replicants other than that Daryll Hannah and Rutger Hauer each played one.

Greylock

First Post
#1 Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Let's get this over, and hand out the prize. Is alsih20 working sumthin' up? I wonder.... Ready for the next round if there's gonna be one.

Gomez

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Ah, I can see that. But, I can assure you, the correspondences are purely coincidental; I didn't remember any details of the replicants other than that Daryll Hannah and Rutger Hauer each played one.

Here you go!

BR_Zhora_the_Rep.jpg

Replicant (F) Des: ZHORA

NEXUS-6 N6FAB61216

Incept Date: 12 JUNE, 2016

Func: Retrained (9 Feb., 2018) Polit. homicide

Phys: LEV. A
Mental: LEV. B

BR_Leon_the_Rep.jpg

Replicant (M) Des: LEON

NEXUS-6 N6MAC41717

Incept Date: 10 APRIL, 2017

Func: Combat/Loader (Nuc. Fiss)

Mental: LEV. C

BR_Pris_the_Rep.jpg

Replicant (F) Des: PRIS

NEXUS-6 N6FAB21416

Incept Date: 14 FEB., 2016

Func: Military/Leisure

Mental: LEV. B

BR_Roy_the_Rep.jpg

Replicant (M) Des: BATTY (Roy)

NEXUS-6 N6MAA10816

Incept Date: 8 JAN., 2016

Func: Combat, Colonization Defense Prog

Mental: LEV. A

MonsterMash

First Post
Tough choice.

In the end I've gone with Bladerunner

As a complete trilogy the three Peter Jackson LotR films are pretty unbeatable, but Bladerunner works better as a stand alone movie.

Still smarting that Brazil went out.

Arnwyn

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
arnwyn, you have an odd habit of following me around in threads, pointing out whenever I post an opinion that yes, it is just an opinion. You do realize, do you not, that I already know that and don't need you to continually point it out? Or are you under the mistaken assumption that I don't know the difference between my opinion on taste and an objective fact?
Do I? Sorry, it really is just a coincidence! (Though, really, you followed me into this thread... but I digress. ;) ) Actually, I'm usually interested in what you have to say because your interests are so diametrically opposite of mine that I find it intriguing and I usually just have to comment.

If it bothers you so much, though, I'll try to stop. :heh:

Remove ads