EN World Movie Battle Royal! We have our winner!

Felix said:
Only because I like underdogs, and once I saw that LOTR:FOTR was in the bracket, I knew it was going to the finals. Seriously, those movies are untouchable. If we remove LOTR, and do this thread over again, it should be called "The 4th Best Move Ever (After the LOTR Trilogy)". :D
Yeah, except that somehow nothing from the Star Wars OT made it into the finals, which is really bizarre, I think. It would have been interesting to see Fellowship of the Ring stand off against The Empire Strikes Back.

I mean, Bladerunner's doin' better than I expected, but we've got folks like you that admit to giving it mercy votes. I don't think it really stands a serious chance.

Felix

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
we've got folks like you that admit to giving it mercy votes. I don't think it really stands a serious chance.
I felt the same way when I rooted against Team USA Basketball last Summer in the Olympics.

:D

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
NOSFERATU!

Okay so thats a last pathetic attempt, and thus even though I may loose my citizenship over this:

Bladerunner

I love LOTR but as stated earlier Fellowship is not a complete movie

Abraxas

Explorer
So, ummm, do you always make sarcastic comments when you don't agree with someone else's opinion? ;)

I find it humorous that you comment on arnwyn's apparent odd habit of following you around and pointing out what you say is opinion when you appear to follow me and make a sarcastic comments after I post my opinion. :)

I have no clue how old you were when you saw the first 3 star wars movies for the first time, but I wasn't even in my teens - since then I've seen many movies that I rate higher, and like better, so have all of my geek friends. Also, there are people around now that have seen the original and the re-imagined versions and have less love for the movies because they've been changed (similar to people wigging out because B&W films are colorized). So it doesn't surprise me at all that they didn't make it, especially ESB.

Flyspeck23

First Post
#1 Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

While Bladerunner is a great movie, Fellowship is IMHO better in many ways (but not in all ways, mind you).

Abraxas said:
So, ummm, do you always make sarcastic comments when you don't agree with someone else's opinion? ;)
On occasion, yes.
Abraxas said:
I find it humorous that you comment on arnwyn's apparent odd habit of following you around and pointing out what you say is opinion when you appear to follow me and make a sarcastic comments after I post my opinion. :)
I follow you around? Have I done this before?
Abraxas said:
I have no clue how old you were when you saw the first 3 star wars movies for the first time, but I wasn't even in my teens - since then I've seen many movies that I rate higher, and like better, so have all of my geek friends. Also, there are people around now that have seen the original and the re-imagined versions and have less love for the movies because they've been changed (similar to people wigging out because B&W films are colorized). So it doesn't surprise me at all that they didn't make it, especially ESB.
I was 5. So what? I've moved around a lot and talked to geeks all over the country, and indeed the world, and also based on countless discussions here and at other places onlin, it's been my experience for the last few decades that the OT Star Wars movies are like scripture to geeks, with ESB as the most highly regarded.

Granted, clearly not everyone likes them, but a lot of folks really do, to the point that I'm surprised not to see it in the finals.

Remove ads